Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Games/Videos No Longer Working

Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded the newest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.1.102.63). However, websites that used to display games and videos are not working for me anymore. Youtube works fine, but other websites aren't loading games and videos. On Pokemon.com for example, the log-in graphic has completely disappeared, with only a blank header. Whenever I try to play a game, it says "Flash is required to play this game", yet the Adobe website tells me through mutiple tests that I do have it installed on my computer. The site also has videos for viewing. When a link was clicked, a video player by the site would appear and play the video. Now, when I click to view a video, nothing happens. I'm also not able to play flash games on other sites (like newgrounds.com). My computer is Windows Vista 32bit, and I'm running IE7 32bit. Can anyone offer some suggestions? I browsed through the other topics, but I couldn't find a solution that worked for me. I've unistalled and reinstalled Flash multiple times (following the complete removal of any Flash files before re-installation), but I haven't seen any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sailoruniverse wrote:

On Pokemon.com for example, the log-in graphic has completely disappeared, with only a blank header.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Flash Player, as I see no Flash content around that login panel:

pokemon.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to log-in through the site map, but there's usually a log-in at the top of the webpage (in the right hand corner) that isn't being shown to me. After logging in, the right hand corner should show your avatar and other information, but mine doesn't display any of it. You can customize your avatar, but I'm not able to do so because the game requires "Flash" like the games. I'm also still unable to load the movies and episodes the site offers, even on ones I've viewed previously. I based my beliefs that this is a Flash issue on the site's feedback errors, and my inability to play other Flash games on other sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To eliminate IE7 as the cause of the problem, please try another browser. I would suggest Firefox since I use it myself. You can get it from here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

After you install Firefox, download the Flash player for Firefox from here: Download Flash Player Save the file to somewhere you can find it easily and then double click it to install.

Then go Pokeman or newsgrounds.com and see if makes any difference.

If it works, but you don't like the Firefox layout, either send me a private message, or post here and I'll explain how to make it look like Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines