Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating Adobe software gives errors

Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get an activation error if you are trying to run the software on too many computers. Try deactivating the software on a computer that you no longer need to run the software on. See: How can I deactivate Adobe software?

You may receive an activation error if your computer has changed recently. You can't solve this problem on your own, if you've done one of the following:

• Made changes to your computer due to a crash
    • Upgraded your computer hardware
    • Replaced a hard drive
    • Upgraded the Operating System
  • Gotten a new computer and old computer is unavailable

If you still need help, Contact Support.

Keep your serial number handy. Look for your serial number on the CD or DVD case, or in the email confirming your purchase. For help for locating your serial number, see Find a serial number.

For more solutions to activation problems see the following document:

Activation, deactivation — Adobe products

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only installing this software ONCE and having this annoying activating errors. i already contacted customer service, and they said they can't activate my product trough the phone since i have creative suite 5.5, then ask me to contact technical support instead. I called the technical support several times and only have automatic answer and a song that last forever. they never answered my phone. I have 4 days left before i unable to use my adobe again. i'm sick of this, is not even a month since i bought adobe and already have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael.I once tried a trial version of Lightroom and decided to buy lightroom 3.I've search on forums and even chat with Adobe with no answer to my problem.I download the program and it's working fine on my boyfriend's side.(We are two adminstraters on my computer)When I clic to open lightroom a window appears "Lightroom-ouverture de cataloque:DSC_0738.NEF.lrcat" and I have another window at the same time from microsoft ..error...The letters and numbers I have are..

appVer:3.6.0.10

offset:0008d6fd

ModName:msvcr100.dll

I spend hours trying to figure it out and I don't know what to do ...I saw an answer on the forum of Adobe saying to click on the control button and open the program at the same time ...didn't work....

Is it possible that when I had the trial version I've created a catalog and this catalog(that no longer exists)gets in the new program so I can't open it anymore....I don't know what to do anymore...thank you           Gisele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to speak to someone to walk me thru the setup.  I am havin great difficulty haven't been able to use it.  I bought it 3 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What is the number to technical support.  I need to speak to someone.  PLEASE.  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on which region you are in.  You can go to www.adobe.com and select Help and Contact Us and there will be a link.  Alternately you can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chat support is terrible.  you should save your money from all the chat support and hire one person 24 hours or at least Saturday and until 10 PM PST on weekdays.   Adobe is really crap when it comes to support.   Each day that goes by with CS6 MC Activation errors makes me more and more upset.  I've chatted with 4 people now and all say they can't do anything but take money and ask for your serial number.   Adobe your company needs restructuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CS5 64 in Parallels/Windows 7 in my MAC Pro (I do not have the money to purchase the Mac version at this moment )

I had a problem with Parallels, and was able to fix it, but since then Photoshop started to five me the error: "Activation limited reached for Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended".

I need help getting this fixed,  I have a homework deadline to meet.  Could you please help me? 

I tried calling the support line, and I cannot get true;  try scheduling but it is not working.  My region is US and when I try to schedule a callback it asks me for Country, I answered United States and got the error:

Callback functionality is not available

An immediate callback is not available at this time. Please try again later

Chat did not work either.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the following link to contact Chat support. http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  If the chat option does not come up please try a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the busy world of Money matters and free things chatter,  I wrote rude notes to some Adobe, Q&A, Chats, etc. finally I recieved a link in my E-mail that FIXED everything!! It is about $$$$$$. Hang in there and remember praise goes a lot further than frusstation. Good Luck Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another challenge:  Install is interrupted by a message that tells me to quit winword.exe and I don't have that program installed. I need a workaround so I can start fixing my site.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just decided that I am giving up all Adobe products.  I gave a presentation this morning (supposed to be about Captivate use in creating online coursework) and I could not use my Captivate.  I was promised my serial number issue would be resolved by yesterday at 1500 and of course it was not.  I had to basically tell the crowd the story and give them all of the other options for online class creation.  Sad state of affairs that I can not use a product I purchased.

Good luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is I only have adobe cs5 and adobe acrobat pro 9 activated on 2 computers. But one of my computers I had to format and wasn't able to deactivate it first. so now it thinks I'm trying to activate 3 computers. Is there a way on your end to deactivate all of them so I can reactivate just the 2 computers again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RainbowLindy please contact our support team to resolve your activation difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed and I had to have the motherboard replaced. I also run PE10 on my laptop. Now my elements 10 product thinks I am running on two many computers. How can I relove this?  Thanks John Klotz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JKlotz you will need to contact our support team to address your activation difficulties.  As per message #10 you can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2 computers, a Macbook Pro and Mac Pro. Last year I sold my MacBook Pro after reinitializing the hard drive and reinstallin OS X. Unfortunately I forgot to deactivate my CS 5 stuff.

Now I have a new laptop and migrating my software over from the Mac Pro and am unable to activate due to my inability to deactivate the laptop I sold.

What can I do to get this activated. Can you deactivate all my computers and then I can re-activate?

Craig Ridgley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safire please contact our support team to resolve your activation difficulty.  You can find information on how to contact them in message #10, 12, and 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have activated Photoshop 5 on my desktop and laptop but I now have a 2nd desktop. I deactivated my laptop and installed Photoshop on my new desktop however whenever I run Photoshop on my new system I says I already have it activated on 2 computers. When I check the laptop it says that Photoshop is deactivated.

Can you help?

Thanks

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Support, they will reset the activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this thread.  Please review the original posting and then if you continue to face activation difficulties please contact our support team at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines