• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I contact someone at adobe to get my activation counter reset?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Overdrive media console to read library ebooks on my ipad. Overdrive updated their software a couple of months ago and created a problem where their app freezes when you switch between chapters. I tried turning the ipad on and off like Overdrive suggests with no effect. I had to delete the app and reinstall to get it to work for a little longer before freezing again. Every time I reloaded the app I have to reactivate the adobe ebook reader and unknown to me you only have a limited number of activations you are allowed. I have spent a considerably amount of time on adobe's web site trying to figure out how to contact some one to get  the activation counter reset and the best I have been able to come up with is this discussion forum. I don't really want to discuss my problem I just want the activation counter reset for my ipad so if anyone knows who I need to contact and how to do it I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify a bit: the activation counter you want reset is not on your

iPad.

The way you do it is to contact Adobe's support center and discuss the

issue with one of the tech's. DO NOT let them tell you they can't help you

because your product is free - or try to charge you for a call. They ARE

REQUIRED by Adobe to do the resets.

Next up, you may want to think again about the process you use to download

and transfer ebooks to your iPad. You're not the first one to run into the

update issue with Overdrive - and it's been some time since the issue

surfaced. What I'd suggest is that you use Digital Editions to download

your ebooks to your computer (I'm assuming here that you have one in

addition to your iPad), then use iTunes to transfer them from your computer

to your iPad. Let the library worry about how Overdirve works - or doesn't.

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Aldiko for Android. Had to reset my device some times after system updates and now it says I've reached the maximum number of activations (I also have one activation for the Tablet and one on the PC...). Apparently there is no device list one can manage from his account, unbelievable! And still more unbelievable the chat had troubles and there is no support e-mail or even toll free number (at least where I live). Apparently one has to pay support for a service that, although free, I need to use to read the ebooks I regularly bought!!!! Any one knows a viable solution? Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're speaking of Adobe's support, you have the right to insist that

they help you at no charge - because they're the only people who can fix

the issue, and they're supposed to do that. Some of the tech's are not

aware that this is their responsibility.

===========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to keep in touch with support by calling my local phone number here in Italy. I've to admit that the service was good, they reset my activation counter in less than 24 hours, then I was able to activate my Aldiko reader for Android again.

However, it sounds really strange that nowadays, when everything (but your wife!) can be managed online, you have to place an "analogue" call to the support service and to wait for their operation for such a trivial action! Anyway... all is well which ends well. And may be good to know for others, too.

Bye, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured out how to get the activation counter reset. You go to this address, http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/supportinfo/, you have to make sure your security settings are set to accept third party cookies. When you do that a clickable button will show up that lets you get in line to talk to a chat agent when one is available. Ask to get your activation counter reset, they will ask what your accouint name is and that should be that. I got my counter reset in about 5 minutes. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines