Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button keyboard shortcut ctrl+c

Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the Shortcut combination ctrl+c on a button to advance one of my slides. I find other combinations work fine, but the ctrl+c combo doesn't seem to work. Is that particular combination unusable in Captivate?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue with keystroke combinations gets raised quite often on this forum.

If you are publishing to a browser-based output what is most likely happening is that your web browser already considers Ctrl + C a reserved keystroke combination (for Copy command) and therefore expects you to be copying something with it.  The browser 'sees' these commands before your content does. 

So the browser is your issue, not Captivate, and there's really no way to prevent it from jumping in on the act.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't published it yet. This was just from previewing (not in a browser).

I am going to work around using this keystroke combination. I was just surprised I could get ctrl+r to work, for example, but not ctrl+c.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources