3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2012 5:54 AM by INeedSol RSS

[Ai-CS5] How to apply "Adobe Deform" effect on selected object?

Hi All,

I have an image on document and I want to wrap it horizontally. But I don't know which suites are required to perform this operation and how.

I went through APIs and searched in this forum and got to know that  I'll have to apply "Adobe Deform " effect.

plz suggest!

• 1. Re: [Ai-CS5] How to apply "Adobe Deform" effect on selected object?
          A. Patterson Community Member

I can't find Adobe Deform. Is this a Live Effect? Give me the exact menu path to it and I can give you details (e.g. File > Open)

• 2. Re: [Ai-CS5] How to apply "Adobe Deform" effect on selected object?
            INeedSol Community Member

Actly  I saw it in this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/4158636#4158636

Also when I get the all effects name and write them into a file. I got the "Adobe Deform" and 86 more. Here is the code snippet...

ASInt32 cnt = -1;

ofstream myfile;

myfile.open ("C:\\Effects_Name.txt");

for( ; cnt >= 0;  --cnt)

const char *p = NULL;

AILiveEffectHandle le = NULL;

sAILiveEffect->GetNthLiveEffect(cnt,  &le);

sAILiveEffect->GetLiveEffectName(le, &p);

myfile << p<<"\n";

All I want to know is how to warp a selected  image horizontally on a document programmatically.

Also I tried to use Action manager suite to warp the object but code has no effect. Here is the code snippet.

AIErr error;

AIActionParamValueRef actionParam;

//create a new action param value.

error = sAIActionManager->AINewActionParamValue(&actionParam);

error = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(actionParam,kAIEnvelopeWarpStyle, kWarpStyleArc);

error = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(actionParam,kAIEnvelopeBend, 2);

error = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(actionParam,kAIEnvelopeHorizDistort, 20);

error = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(actionParam,  kAIEnvelopeVertDistort , 0);

error = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(actionParam,kAIEnvelopeRotate90, 0);

error = sAIActionManager->PlayActionEvent(kAIEnvelopeMakeAction , kDialogOn, actionParam);

Please guide me.

• 3. Re: [Ai-CS5] How to apply "Adobe Deform" effect on selected object?
              INeedSol Community Member

Finally, I have done this like...

AILayerHandle lh = NULL;

AIArtSet set =NULL;

sAIArtSet->LayerArtSet(lh, set);

AIArtHandle art = NULL;

sAIArtSet->IndexArtSet(set, 1, &art);

AIEnvelopeOptions op;

op.envOptions = kDeformAll;

op.fidelity = 100;

sAIEnv->MakeEnvelope(&art, 0,0, &op, &art);

sAIEnv->WarpEnvelope(art, kWarpStyleArc, .1, 0, 0, false ); // .1 bending  for 10%

But one thing I want to know is that how illustrator calculates the radius of upper arc. I see that after setting the bending option  to 100% in kWarpStyleArc style:

radius of upper arc  =  (length/2 + height) of input object.

And radius of lower arc in any case :

radius of lower arc  = radius of upper arc -  height.

Can anyone suggest me how its calculating the radius of upper arc for a given bending % value?