• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Windows 7 IE8 TOC and Browse Sequence not expanding for all topics

Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed Peter Grainge's procedure to merge help in RoboHelp 8. Installed RH9 a while back. Added new topics to child project. Programmers hooked up help keys. New topics appear for their screens. Customer noted that some (not all) topics would not expand the TOC and the browse sequence. It's not an either/or, they both expand or they don't.

Browse sequence is based on the TOC.

Other topics in and out of the project are synchronized with the TOC and they expand.

I have deleted the browse sequence and re-based it on the TOC.

I have generated the parent and child.

I have copied the whdata, whgdata, and whxdata folders of both the parent and child to the appropriate location on the server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Figured it out!  I had not created Map IDs for the topics. I created Map IDs and breadcrumbs and TOC expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the topics that will not expand the TOC in one or specific projects, say child 2 and child 5 and then is it all topics in those child projects?

I am wondering if instead of calling all the topics throught the parent project, maybe your developers are calling the child projects. That would explain different behaviour according to what is called.

Find out the names of some topics and then open the help independently of the application. Same problem?

A browse sequence works across a child project and does not lead into the next child. So when you get to the end of the sequence in child one, that's it. As soon as the user moves to a topic in child two, they are into another browse sequence.

Reading your post again, is there only one child?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Only 4 topics (out of 16) in a child will not expand. Other children in the project do expand.

I will check with the developers. These are new topics added within the last 2 weeks, so they (the developers) may be the culprit.

I will try opening independantly and try the help.

This is one child of 36. Your merge help process is very robust!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Running the help independently works like a champ! Full browse sequence and expanded TOC.

I will check with the develoopers.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if they just uploaded the new topics and not all the supporting files.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mispoke. It is not the browse sequence that is not expanding; it is the breadcrumbs that are not expanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The developer is back from vacation and she has not changed her procedure for hooking up the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out!  I had not created Map IDs for the topics. I created Map IDs and breadcrumbs and TOC expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp