3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 9:06 AM by job1970

Mac Snow Leopard to Lion using CS4

job1970

I am currently using Mac Snow Leopard (10.6.8).  I want to upgrade to Lion, but have heard / read horror stories regarding lack of compatibility with CS4.  This is my job, so I can't afford downtime.  Can someone offer advice, input, suggestions, please?  Thank you!

• 1. Re: Mac Snow Leopard to Lion using CS4
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Don’t bother and don’t say you weren’t warned. There is nothing in Lion that is compelling enough to risk a production machine for.

Bob

• 2. Re: Mac Snow Leopard to Lion using CS4
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're determined to keep CS4, Bob is right. Lion is a much better fit for CS5.5 or the upcoming CS6. Software updates and OS updates should move forward together.

• 3. Re: Mac Snow Leopard to Lion using CS4
              job1970 Level 1

I'm not determined to keep CS4 ... right now my pocketbook is determined!  I've constantly wondered about this ... and finally decided to come to a forum to ask.  I definitely respect both of your answers --- and thank you.  I will be keeping CS4 and Snow Leopard and know that my world is going to be just fine until my pocketbook is overflowing with extra cash!!! 

I had only purchased the Lion upgrade because it was very cheap.  It sits here on the desk and I keep thinking it is silly to not use it.  Now I will no longer wonder .... and the upgrade is being put away!

Thanks!