5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 8:46 PM by joegleur RSS

Color Photo Extraction

dk125 Community Member

Where is the Color Photo Extraction after the update?

• 1. Re: Color Photo Extraction
          David__B Adobe Employee

Hi dk125,

I'm not sure what feature you are referencing. The eye dropper is still available for selecting a color. Can you describe more what is missing?

-Dave

• 2. Re: Color Photo Extraction
            dk125 Community Member

Thank you for getting back to me. Pre-update, you would press "colors" then "camera" then select a picture. It would automatically pick out some of the colors and then to the side, show them as a theme. At the top it said Photo Color Extraction  I am a knitter, so I liked it to take my phone to yarn stores to select the colors of the theme. I could take a picture of something and immediately and easily have the colors to match.  I guess now you can do it yourself with the eye dropper, but I haven't quite figured that out and it is certainly not as easy.

Just hoping you put it back in.

DW

• 3. Re: Color Photo Extraction
              David__B Adobe Employee

Thank you for the additional details. This does sound familar now with your description. I created this idea/feature request to have it brought back and will pass along that it is missed to the development team.

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1336

Sorry for the change

-Dave

• 4. Re: Color Photo Extraction
                dk125 Community Member

Thank you. I appreciate it  I found out about the app in an online knitting class, so I know there are plenty of other knitters that use it in this way.

DW

• 5. Re: Color Photo Extraction
                  joegleur Community Member

this feature is definitely much sorely missed! i updated adobe ideas on my iPhone but i cant update it on my iPad due to not wanting to lose this feature D: