• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Found 2 Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugins (Both same version ans bit)

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having to downlonad Adobe Flash Player 64bit because my Mozilla Firefox Browser prompted me to do so, I went to check my Programs And Features to make sure everything was in order.

I was confused when I was asked to download this software because I thought my personal laptop already had this, but I did so anyway, when checking programs and features, I did see I had two identical files.

Is it necessary to have them both? They are exactly the same, nothing shows that they go to anything differenty, yet it seems my Mozilla did not recognize the first.

Since I am not a technical wiz, I need some help. I am afraid to delete any of them. I am afraid to delete the first since my Mozilla seemd to not recognize it, but if I delete the second will my other browser not recogize the second. Or, am I complicating this!

I appreciate your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

AraelFlair wrote:

I went to check my Programs And Features ...

Does it look like this

fpi.png

If so, that is normal - the ActiveX Control is the add-on for Internet Explorer, and the plugin is the add-on for Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AraelFlair wrote:

After having to downlonad Adobe Flash Player 64bit because my Mozilla Firefox Browser prompted me to do so, I went to check my Programs And Features to make sure everything was in order.

I was confused when I was asked to download this software because I thought my personal laptop already had this, but I did so anyway, when checking programs and features, I did see I had two identical files.

Is it necessary to have them both? They are exactly the same, nothing shows that they go to anything differenty, yet it seems my Mozilla did not recognize the first.

Since I am not a technical wiz, I need some help. I am afraid to delete any of them. I am afraid to delete the first since my Mozilla seemd to not recognize it, but if I delete the second will my other browser not recogize the second. Or, am I complicating this!

I appreciate your help.

How did 'prompt' come about? Were you viewing a (Flash) site and it suddenly appeared, or what? If it suddenly appeared without warning, could you please post the link to that site.

Are you running Waterfox or Palemoom? These are third party unofficial 64-bit builds of Firefox. The only other 64-bit versions available are the nightly builds. However, due to incompatibility issues with many approved Firefox Add-ons, these builds haven't been officially released yet.

If you're not running either of the first two, nor any other 64-bit versions of Firefox, which version do you currently have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AraelFlair wrote:

I went to check my Programs And Features ...

Does it look like this

fpi.png

If so, that is normal - the ActiveX Control is the add-on for Internet Explorer, and the plugin is the add-on for Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!

Thank you, Pat.  That is exactly what it looks like.

I appreciate your help. In the past I was tricked by files that looked identical and they turned out to be viral. So, just wanted to check when I caught that.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines