• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when publishing

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently added RoboHelp to another user's laptop. He can access the files, modify and generate the webhelp format (primary layout). When he tries to publish the files it craps out when it gets to the robohhre.lng file. We made sure that we were running the same version, etc. Any ideas?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whose logon did you use? It is important that RH was installed with the user's logon.

Also is the project on the laptop or being accessed via a network. The project must be on the laptop.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was installed by the user. I zipped up all the files and sent them to that person to try publishing. As I will not be accessing the project again after Friday.

I do have a backup copy on the network. I just copy over it about once a week with the updated files.

Would it be better to publish from the Network copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, never run a project from the network.

Change the publish location to a new folder on the laptop. If it publishes OK to there, then it suggests a permissions problem on the target folder where it is currently failing.

Check that out next and post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, he was able to publish to his local drive. I am checking with the Administrator of the publish location to determine what is going on. He claims to have set the permissions up identically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp