• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Lost WYSIWIG and TrueSource content

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using X5. Everthing worked fine yesterday, but today I can't view or edit any topic in the WYSIWIG and TrueCode tabs. If I select a topic from the TOC or Topics tab, I can only preview it. I can generate a CHM, but that's really pointless if I can't edit the content.

Every project is behaving this way, so I think I can rule out a single corrupted file. Does anyone know of a fix, or should I just uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks!
Diana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006
Rick,
I've been playing with the options in the Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab that you mentioned before. When I set it to Use Default Editor, it fixed the entire problem.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! I really appreciate it!
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diana

What happens if you right click the topic and choose Edit?

What do you see if you click Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab? Which is configured as the Default editor? Is the option at the bottom of the dialog set for Auto-select or is it Use Default?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,
I get the same result from right-clicking a topic from the TOC--no editing capabilities and the WYSIWYG editor stays blank. No error messages either. When I right-click in the WYSIWYG editor, I get no menu options at all.

However, in the Topics tab, I can right-click a topic and select Edit with > RoboHelp WYSIWYG. Then I get this message, "Changing editors can cause changes to your HTML code. Do you wish to proceed?" If I click yes, I can view the topic and edit it.

In the Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab, the default editor is the WYSIWYG editor. Auto-select is the option at the bottom.

So why is this the only way I can access topics today, when it worked yesterday. Is there a fix?
Thanks,
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick,
I've been playing with the options in the Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab that you mentioned before. When I set it to Use Default Editor, it fixed the entire problem.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! I really appreciate it!
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp