Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HH_GET_WIN_TYPE error

Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH V7 01 001, adding some new HTM and PNG files to a +5 yr old project.  Opened the newly generated CHM to test, clicked a page, and got the “The window name “VCSHelp” passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified.”  Per the two solutions I found here and online:  I don't have a non-existent HTM called in teh XPJ file, and I removed the underscore in my project name (and window name and SSL file and and HHP file and everywhere else I could find it) that had always worked before.  Didn't help, still get the error.  ANY other solution for this blasted error?I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a window called VCSHelp defined in your project? If not, create one and see if that fixes the problem. If there is, I found a post suggesting  deleting the existing one and creating a new one with a matching name, as something possibly got corrupted in the definition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp