Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfdocument font problem

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2006 Apr 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I used cfdocument to create a pdf. Anfortunately the font used in the content isn't showed in the pdf. I define the font with css in the file itself. The font is installed on the server and fontembed (property of cfdocument) is set to yes. The strange thing is the font shows when a pdf is created via a report (.cfr).

When I test the file on my localmachine it works fine, but on the server it doesnt work. My local machine runs om Windows, the server runs on Unix. Both machines are running Coldfusion MX 7. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanx already for your answer!

Best regards,
Paul
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2006 Apr 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please take a look at this problem? It is quite annoying, but I need to get the corporate font in the pdf.

Thanx!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2006 May 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paul,
We will look in to this issue. Could you please send me a sample code which does not work on unix box so that I can replicate this. Which font are you using? Do you mean that the cfreport generates PDF with the correct font on Unix box but cfdocument does not?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer and sorry for replying this late. We use the IKEA Sans font family. This is the corporate font (truetype). Yes I do mean that the cfreport generates PDF with the correct font on Unix box but cfdocument does not. Below you will find a short example:

<cfdocument format="pdf" orientation="landscape" pagetype="A4" fontembed="yes">
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" " http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Pdf test</title>
<style type="text/css">
BODY, TD {
font-family: "IKEA Sans", Arial;
font-size: 25px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
Hello world!! Wel iets met een a-tje erin.
</body>
</html>
</cfdocument>

If you need more information please let me know! Thank you for your time already!

Best regards,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2006 Jul 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an idea where to look for the problem / how to solve this problem??

THANX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Snaijer
Does anyone have an idea where to look for the problem / how to solve this problem??

THANX!

Hello Snaijer,
i've totally same problem than you have. Do you have a solution for this problem? I need it too - please tell me, if you have solved that problem.

Thx a lot - Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I have not solved this problem... I reported this as a bug at Adobe but no response untill now. Rupeshk was my only hope but he didn't come back on this problem yet. Hopefully he will still answer.

Sorry I can't help you.

Best regards,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I have not solved this problem... I reported this as a bug at Adobe but no response untill now. Rupeshk was my only hope but he didn't come back on this problem yet. Hopefully he will still answer.

Sorry I can't help you.

Best regards,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I have not solved this problem... I reported this as a bug at
Adobe but no response untill now. Rupeshk was my only hope but he didn't come
back on this problem yet. Hopefully he will still answer.

Sorry I can't help you.

Best regards,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation