• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search customisation

Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm a fairly new user to Robohelp 9.0.2. I'm generating html help from linked Word documents, and we've just deployed the first release.

I'm starting to get some questions about search functionality. People are wanting to search on "mode" without getting "model" for example, and vice versa. I can't see many optins for search, beyond enabling/disabling substring search, and hiding the summaries.

Is there anyway to influence or customise the search results that people get back, such as flagging certain entries as the #1 search entry for a certain topic. Or perhaps any documentation on what users can do to search better?

Thanks,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can enable ranking for your search results. Be sure to uncheck "Hide rank in search results" in your SSL settings. Next to that, you can also determine whether a user sees a small description of the page content in the search pane. But that is it. What you can set in the SSL settings is all there is. If you need more fine grained options, take a look a zoom search: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/zoomsearch/zoomsearch.htm.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks.

Possibly a bit much for our needs right now, as we probably need to look at making use of what we have first. WIll file it away for a future look.

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp