• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot view start page on iOS device - New FMS 4.5 install

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following the Install Flash Media Server 4.5 and verify HTTP streaming to Flash and iOS article/tutorial located here --> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/install-verify.html

When I try to view the start page on my iOS device (updated to latest) I get a brief flicker of the start page then a blank white screen with a 'Get Adobe Flash Player' icon.

This is really tripping me up. I've had a previous failure to get HTTP streaming working so Im trying now with a clean install on a new machine. I'm trying to follow 100% with the article mentioned above and I am getting different results.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for trying out FMS on iOS. I guess the startup page, the moment it loads does not have the HTML5 video tagged page, the sample playback for HTML5 on iOS is provided as a link on the startup page on the right side.

image.PNG

Please select the single bit rate HLS HTTP Live Streaming from Playback link on the right side of this page, to see the sample playback on iOS. Let us know if you find any issues. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is exactly as helenearthband describes: it's not that the video does not play, it's that the whole page is not displayed, so we can not click on any buttons because the only thing displayed is the "Get Adobe Flash" button.

The HTML loads, you get a glimpse of it for a split second, and then it disappears and is replaced with an empty page with only the "Get Adobe Flash" button on the top left corner.

This is with the current 4.5 server downloaded a couple of days ago, with and iPad 1 running the current iOS 5.

In Firefox and in Google Chrome everything works fine, including live streaming from my webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  The problem is as stated. You can't view the player page on (at least we can't on an iPad).  so we can't check the stream.

I'm testing 4.5 to switch over from our old FMIS server, and before I get clever with virtual hosts, etc., I have to be sure everything is working straight out of box.

Right now... can't check because there isn't a way to test the iOS streams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANSWER:  Contained in the install verify link above, there is a comment.  The comment says you have to turn off player detection in the index.html FMIS sticks in webroot.

Actually, you are shutting off version detection.

find the line that does the version check

var swfVersionStr = "10.2.0";

I then commented that line out, copied it, and put in a check set to 0

// var swfVersionStr = "10.2.0";

var swfVersionStr = "0";

Once that was saved, I opened the page on an iPad, and the page loaded, and while the rtmp and hds stuff won't play on the iPad, the HLS choices did play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us the know workaround but there is bug file for FMS by me for this one. There is something definately changes from iOS 4.x to 5.0 - the same page without your changes would work fine on iOS 4.x device - if you want you can give it a try if you have such device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the note.   I only have people's personal devices to test on... and will have to ensure I have different gens of the OS to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines