• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble downloading adobe flash

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying and trying to download the newest version of adobe flash but it always just goes to 12% and stops. I've tried everything from disabling my firewall, to changing settings on Internet Explorer but nothing has worked. I removed the old version of Adobe Flash and now have none at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dlvsthebrowns,

I am directing your query to the Flash Player forum (http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer). The experts here are better placed to help you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlvsthebrowns wrote:

I've been trying and trying to download the newest version of adobe flash but it always just goes to 12% and stops. I've tried everything from disabling my firewall, to changing settings on Internet Explorer but nothing has worked. I removed the old version of Adobe Flash and now have none at all.

Disable your antivirus before attempting to install Flash. These days, AV apps incorporate various scanners which spring into action to check for viruses as soon as a user attempts to install something. While this may be a good thing with unknown programs, you can and should disable your antivirus when you're installing legitimate applications like Flash Player because the scanner will interfere with the installation process and cause it to terminate.

If you're using AVAST antivirus, right click the orange icon in systray, go to "AVAST Shields Control" and choose to disable all shields for one hour. If you use a different AV, consult this list for instructions on how to disable it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Download the Flash Player installation from this site: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_... You don't say which operating system you have, so I cannot advise you whether to download the 32-bit or the 64-bit installer, but you do need to download the ActiveX version if you're using Internet Explorer.

After the installation completes, re-enable your AV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've tried everyone of these suggestions but nothing is working. I have disabled my firewall, I've changed browser settings,I've tried over and over to download this thing but it isn't working, so I'm left without a Falsh player now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version & edition?

What is the installer name (from Xircal's link) that you were downloading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows Vista 64 bit version. I'm not sure what the installer name is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download this file: 32 bit Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Physically disconnect from the Internet and run the installer file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did manage to get a 10.3 active x flash player downloaded. It shows in my downloads it's there, but no where else. Is this what I need? I can't get the 11.1 one yet. I can now view some webcams and radio programs like before. I still can't play Youtube videos and don't know why. Can anyone help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running Vista, you don't really need Internet Explorer since you can update Windows via Windows Control Panel.

So try installing another browser. I suggest Firefox because I use it myself. You can download it from here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

After you install it, install Flash Player for other browsers since Firefox doesn't support ActiveX. Here is the direct download link. Save the file to somewhere you can find it easily again and then double click to install.

Unlike Internet Explorer, you can customize Firefox with many secure add-ons. I'd recommend you install this one to start with since it blocks ads: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=cb-dl-users Blocking ads enables sites to load faster since the browser doesn't have to wait for ad servers scattered all over the web to serve up ads to you before loading a page.

You can find more extensions by clicking the links at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is ver ywrong with my computer now. This is making me angry. Some of my pages are just showing up blue. It's still telling me I need the flash player in some places. I may have a virus now. I'm angry because of all the trouble I've had with adobe thing. I don't think there was anything wrong with my computer not downloading it, but it looks like many people are having some type of problem and I'm just upset now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been in similar situations myself in the past and it can be frustrating at times I know. 

As a precaution, I'd suggest download the free version of Malwarebytes and then running a full system scan. Even if it doesn't find anything, it'll at least give you peace of mind. http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have so much trouble with this before. I think something is wrong with that download site this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree I think its Adobe, I am having the same issue plus I get thier spash page saying the sites down when it tries to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cespencerjr@msn.com,

Could you try downloading the appropriate installer located here:

Install in a firewall proxy environment

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also encountered a problem: the link to new 10.3.183.18 (non IE) is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the link to v10.

There is another one broken:

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb12-07.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've done some changes to the download and it downloaded to 47% this time, but still wouldn't finish for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From where are you downloading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlvsthebrowns wrote:

They've done some changes to the download and it downloaded to 47% this time, but still wouldn't finish for some reason.

I'm having this same problem. I'm on Windows XP (32-bit) and have been trying repeatedly to download Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.102.62 for Firefox. It all goes fine, until I get to the final download box. It times out at 47%. It is becoming a serious problem, as I require the FP for my work.

Any information as to what is causing this, or what can be done to fix it, would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files:

32-bit uninstaller

32 bit Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Physically disconnect from the internet.

Run uninstaller.

Reboot.

Delete the Flash folder in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed.

Run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I run the uninstaller, will it uninstall the current flashplayer I have for IE - Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines