• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected Button Gradient Background Color?

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please define 'selected button'. Are you using a HTML button element? When is a button selected? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the button?

You can use an image or a css gradient (works only in FF, IE9 and Chrome) to set the background of a button on certain states. Such as:

button.mybutton:hover { /* When user hovers mouse */ }

button.mybutton:active { /* When user clicks button */ }

You can also use JavaScript to change the class of the element to display the appropriate background on certain actions, such as after mouse click.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Personally, I'm wondering if this thread remotely applies to RoboHelp?

A scribe, are you using RoboHelp? Or did you find this forum and are under the impression it is for assistance with anything web related? (the forum name is "WebHelp" and folks often land here thinking it's generic to assisting with all things related to the web and Adobe software.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if i wasnt explicit about my circumstances, but this specifically applies to Robohelp and I am not one of those folks who find this forum and are under the impression it is for assistance with anything web related and often land here thinking it's generic to assisting with all things related to the web and Adobe software.

I have Robohelp 9 and my project is based on WebHelp.

I am modifying the template with custom buttons in the toolbar.

I can't seem to find an explanation for this in Rick Stone Skinny on Skins, unless i have missed it.

I have added a custom button to the Skin > Toolbar > Main and assigned a selected button image and an unselected button image. Below this area there is a Selected Button area in which you can specify a color and font. I have created a button with a background which is a linear gradient. The button however, when selected, displays in a smaller area than the total selected button area which is a non gradient color.

It looks as if there is a margin around the button image.

Ideally I would like the total selected button area to display with the gradient. How can i achieve this?

Is there a way to set the button image to cover the total selected button area, or to set the background as a gradient and make the button image background transparent to show this?

All assistance gratefully appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that your 'button' is not actually a button in HTML: The toolbar is created with quite a few nested tables. Open whtbar.js and search for 'clsBtnDown'. There you'll find the styling for the active state. But be carefull: Changing the styling here will also change the button styling in the minibar (the bar above the TOC that hold the browse sequence buttons).

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam,

However, I am wary of any customisations which involve output files rather than modifications to the base project files.

It seems that there is more scope by managing the output files but it is high maintenance. I find that Robohelp is limited and inflexible in that way.

I have a growing number of projects to manage and there are too many nice to haves such as this which i don't consider because they are high maintenance, adding extra post production steps which i try to avoid where possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Submit a feature request. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp