• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to append URL with /index.htm on one KB?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 7 different KBs I maintain on my webserver. I am using RoboHelp 7. For one of them, I have to append the URL with /index.htm, or it does not show the correct information. Examples of two of the KBs, and what happens with & without the index.htm appendeden

I will happily provide any other information. I've been wondering about this for a long time, and it's finally driven me batty enough to ask. Thanks so much for any assistance. Greatly appreciate your input, this is a wonderful resource.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My first guess is that it is a server setting. For the server to show the index.htm file when no path information is specified, requires that you set the file as the file to be served when a directory is requested. If I'm not mistaken, you need to add index.html to DirectoryIndex in Apache. But ask a web engineer. They'll know for sure.

If this does not solve your problem, please post back.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

That makes sense - but I had looked at my IIS setups and they appear the same for all KBs, again here are settings for WPA Supplier & User. I created both the same day, the same way, and have compared all tabs which are identical. I can double check on how the DNS aliases that were set up, but they should have been identical as well

user iis.pngIIS supplier.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp