Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove rear work plan in photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I try to find how to remove rear work plan in photoshop CS6 ?

I still looking in the "preference" but I don't find the solution.

I realy prefers to have no background like the CS5 because I always work with "drag & drop" and now, it's impossible to see my desktop.

Capture d’écran 2012-03-28 à 11.15.15.png

Thanks

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

You might ask on the cs6 forum, but i think thre's an option under Window or View to remove the application frame.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/photoshopcs6?view=discussions&start=0

I do have a question if you don't mind. What resolution is your screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might ask on the cs6 forum, but i think thre's an option under Window or View to remove the application frame.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/photoshopcs6?view=discussions&start=0

I do have a question if you don't mind. What resolution is your screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R_Kelly wrote:

…the cs6 forum…

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/photoshopcs6?view=discussions&s tart=0

Thank you very much for the link, R_Kelly. 

R_Kelly wrote:

…I do have a question if you don't mind. What resolution is your screen?

From the screen shot, it looks like that monitor is set to 2608 x 1403.  I just opened it in a new Firefox window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Kelly, this 'application frame' has been doing my head in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has only changed from CS4 or CS5 in that the Application Frame in the Window menu is now checked by default.  Make sure to deselect it to UNcheck it.

App_Frame_in_Ps_CS6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that in the above screen shot, I have a plain dark gray desktop.  You are in fact looking at my desktop behind the open document.

As a long time Mac user, I am not a fan of the Application Frame either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Courtesty of Jeffrey Tranberry  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps_cs6_remove_window_bar_in_standard_window_mo...

To return to the Photoshop CS5 behavior on Mac choose Window>Application Frame to toggle the Application Frame off.

I was so thankful to find his tip. I HATE that bkg screen!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new Mac computer and went from using Leopard to Yosemite OS. I bought the new Photoshop CC. I am used to using CS3. I do not like the new black frames and even when I do Window>Application> Frame, I still get a black frame around a white work field - It is just smaller. I don't want any black frame at all, Just the white background that I used to know in SC3. Also, I hate the black background in the layers and other tool windows. How do I make those white? There has got to be a preference so that people who prefer it the old way can get that look. I find the black frame to be annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the color of photoshop cc by going to Photoshop>Preferences>Interface and clicking on one of the color chips under Appearance

color.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Photoshop Preferences > Interface, you will see four shades of blocks at the top. They control the interface lightness/darkness.

Just click on one of the two lighter boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am so glad I found this thread, have been working on CC for just a week and that blasted Application Frame actually made me depressed! So glad to be rid of it... I actually didn't know it was called an 'Application frame", which made it kind of hard to get help with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines