• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsaved Changes in File:[File name] Save before closing?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

FM 9 on Win 7 Pro.

I am a long-time FM user.

I am trying to open files that I could successfully open before I left work yesterday. I can open FM, and open FM books. When I try to open an FM in a book, or an FM file not in a book, I get this message:

"Unsaved Changes in File:[File name] Save before closing? Yes No Cancel.

It doesn't matter which one I pick (Yes, No, Cancel), FM next shows this message:

FrameMaker 9 Application has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

Check online for a solution and close the program

Close the program.

View problem details

It doesn't matter what file I try to open (recently worked on files, and files I haven't touched for some time). Same messages, no matter what.

I have tried to update the book (the update seems to happen), saving the changes, and then try to open. Same error messages. I had hoped that updating the book would clear any possible cross-reference problems.

I have tried several re-boots, nothing works.

Help!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Terri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Since its happening with every file, my suspicion is that your application data is corrupted. Try this:

1. close down framemaker.
  2. delete the following directory: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\
  3. reopen framemaker and see if the problem is reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since its happening with every file, my suspicion is that your application data is corrupted. Try this:

1. close down framemaker.
  2. delete the following directory: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\
  3. reopen framemaker and see if the problem is reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked!

I also did not have all of the recent updates. Just installing the updates did not solve the problem, but deleting the app data folder/info did clear the issues. Many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines