• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse sequence has disappeared.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browse sequences for my CHM files are fine when I select View after generating the help but when I open the CHM file from the output folder (on my local drive) I cannot see the browse sequences. This seems to have happened suddenly and for all of my CHM files. I'm using RH7 and Windows 7. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In project Setup under Windows there will be new window. If the microsoft html help is primary layout (else make it primary layout) then double click new window and check Browse Sequence in the bottom left corner.

Then click tools > Browse Sequence Editor and you can add the desired topics that you want else you can click Auto creating toc at the bottom if you want to add the entire topics under toc

Then generate the CHM and observe it is working for you or not.

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps you need to register the 64 bit version of HHActiveX.dll?

My thought here is that perhaps you are using a 64 bit Windows system. And when that's the case and you launch the CHM from RoboHelp, you are actually launching the 32 bit version of the CHM viewer. But when you simply double-click a CHM file to open it up from Windows Explorer, you are usually launching the 64 bit version of the CHM viewer. So if the 64 bit version of HHActiveX.DLL isn't found, you aren't seeing the Browse Sequences or the Glossary Tab as those rely on this file.

Check the thread linked below for info that may help.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3100155#3100155

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Registering the 64 bit version of HHActiveX.dll solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp