• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does ZoomSearch work with RoboHelp using all "accessible" settings?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Grainge, have been taking a look at your expertise in other discussions and would greatly appreciate your input regarding:

• Am using RoboHelp 8.0.2 to develop an Online Help system.
  • All "accessible" options for Section 508 and W3C compliance are set when system is generated.
  • When I generate the system, the Search tab on the navigation panel shows lots of "partial" words or parsed characters and seems to also include partial URL links and even the names of image files (or parts of the file names) in the search results.

Unfortunately, I have to use all the accessibility options provided by RoboHelp. It really makes the output ugly and not very appealing, but gotta.

Am attaching an image of the Search panel and what a mess it is with partial name, image file names included, and partial words being identified a "full" words. I could not get this function to work.... I tried repeatedly to get an image to upload in various graphic formats, but it would NEVER UPLOADED.

Appreciate any help you can provide.... I would certainly use ZoomSearch to provide a much more enhanced Search capability.... My only concern is that incorporating the output from ZoomSearch might not be "accessible" compliant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZoomSearch will work as the Search page is just another topic. Whether or not the page and the results will meet accessibility requirements is another issue and one that I have not investigated. Look at the search page on my site as that is what you will get although the fonts and colours can be customised. ZoomSearch is from http://www.wrensoft.com and maybe their help pages will cover accessibility. The crew there is very helpful.

No image was attached. You have to insert images using the camera icon that is available when you click Reply.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I have contacted ZoomSearch and hopefully they can provide some input that might solve the problem....

Attached is the image that I tried to upload into the forum, but the camera icon, would never upload a pix.

Jonathan Waldrep

2270 Clairmont Road, N.E.

Atlanta, GA 30329

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like I said, you cannot attach files. Can you not post it site a create a link?

Maybe at this stage it doesn't matter?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp