• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player doesn't record

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2011 Sep 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the flash player version 10.1.85.3.  When i upgraded to version 10.3.183.7,  the microphone recording stopped of work.

So i did downgrade to version 10.1.85.3, and now it works.

Does anybody know why this happen? And how to fix it?

My test environment was the website www.livemocha.com (it's free) .

browser: Firefox 3.6.22

S.O.: Ubuntu 10.10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I tried going to www.livemocha.com but the site is down for maintenance right now.  Have you contacted them to report this issue?  Either way, could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I haven't contacted them to report this issue.

Of course. I can open a new bug report.

But, i am still learning english. I am ashamed to make mistakes. Therefore i write slowly.

By the way, do you know how to edit my previous post?

Thank you,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George Bessa wrote:

By the way, do you know how to edit my previous post?

You cannot edit any post once someone has replied to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Your english is excellent!  I would definitely recommend adding a new bug to bugbase.adobe.com and including both the steps you've taken and a dxdiag report so we can see your system details.  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

In addition, I'd recommend trying our Flash Player 11 RC build out, it's the new version of Flash Player that we're very close to releasing.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this very same problem with Adobe Flash and LiveMocha.com.

I'm using Flash 11 and Ubuntu 11.10.  I've tried FireFox, and also Chromium and Chrome.  I am unable to record using my headset.  I just hear white space hiss.  I know my headset is working because if I use the Sound Recorder applicaiton in Ubuntu I'm able to record myself and play my voice recording back.

I'm not familiar with reporting a but, yet I can't imagine we are the only ones unable to use Flash to record on LiveMocha.  Can't someone from Adobe logon there with Ubuntu and try using a headset to record a response to someone to see that it doesn't work?  This problem appears to have been around for quite a long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening.

I 'm having the same problem described above.

Although i can use my microphone in msn, yahoo messenger and ofcourse i can record using my computer's abilities, when i'm trying to use it in www.livemocha.com simply i can't. In the adobe dialogue box, it appears to be a microphone available, but i can't use it.

I have downloaded the latest adobe version, but still the problem exists.

Can someone help me?

I'm using mozilla firefox / windows 7 OS.

Thank you in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

coursaros,

Please go through the clean install steps, in particular make sure you manually delete the folders.  After installing again, check your settings to see if they are able to be modified.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I tried that , but still, doesn't work.

flashplayer.jpg

As you can see, in the image above, although the microphone appears to be available, the bar in the left side is "blank" , either the "reduce echo" option is checked or not.

Any further help, will be aprreciated.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what really happened.

Few minutes ago, i finally managed to make it work (i really don't know how i did it) but, after that, the computer went slower and slower, and eventually i restart my computer.

Since then, is "dead" again...

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind giving Chrome (or IE) a try to see if they also fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both Chrome and IE, but still, no luck.

I tried other sites that are using adobe flash player, and the microphone was working just great there...

flash2.jpg

The bar is moving up and down...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is possible another application is using the microphone resource and locking out flash from using it.  if you could quit out of any applications that may use it, including apps that run in the background  (eg like some IM apps in your taskbar).

make sure to quit and relaunch your browser before retrying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

coursaros wrote:

I tried both Chrome and IE, but still, no luck.

I tried other sites that are using adobe flash player, and the microphone was working just great there...

Thanks for giving the other browsers a try.  Since the microphone works as expected with other flash sites, have you tried contacting Livemocha to see what they have to say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hum.... to tell you the truth, no, i haven't...

In fact, i didn't even think about it...

I'll try to contact them, too, and i'll let you know after that

Thanks again, anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines