• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.2.202.228 on Mac OS X 10.7.3 Can NOT Play Frontierville

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frontierville is a problem. First I will detail the hardward and software, then the problem:

Hardware:

2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac

2GB RAM

Software & OS:

Mac Os 10.7.3

The entire system is up to date, including all browsers, as of March 28th 2012.

Flash Player 11.2.202.228

THE PROBLEM

Frontierville prompts the user to grant permission to store data on the computer, but does not accept mouse input. Clicking these buttons does not produce a result. Permission has ALREADY been granted – allowed via the Flash Player System Settings Preference Pane, as detailed in previous threads.

I have granted permission to YouTube.com and the Flash Player does gain access to the camera, and videos will play on the site.

The only problem that remains is Frontierville, which you may know is accessed via Facebook.

Other things that I have tried include:

Reinstalling the Flash Player

Checking for system updates (installing any remaining)

Updating the browsers

Rebooting (repeatedly)

Deleting the browsers' caches via Flash Player Preference Pane and through each browser's own utility

Cleaning the entire system's caches via Cache Out X.app and CCleaner.app

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPUTERS:

On my Mac Pro – running Mac OS 10.6.8 and updated fully – Frontierville DOES work in every browser I attempt, as do the other sites.

This problem remains unsolved and because the other threads from Apple and Adobe have not worked I have launched this thread. I would very much appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mouse click issue with the settings panel is a known issue, and something we're working with Apple to resolve.

When you go into the Flash Player control panel, in System Preferences, what are the local storage settings options set to?  If not already set, can you change the option to "Allow sites to save information on this computer"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Thank you for the reply. The settings per site are set to Allow. The sites that are asking for permission have already been given it, so it is a surprise to see that I am being asked again.

Screenshots:

flash version.pngflash storage.pngflash camera permission.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Global Storage Settings panel, can you set the slider all the way to the right (to either "10mb" or "unlimited") to see if that makes a difference?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Chris.

I followed the link and changed it to unlimited and it made no difference. I went through some of the other settings to allow the sites that have making requests, also with no effect.

Do you have any more tricks up those sleeves?

Thanks again.
Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other things that come to mind are 1) try using the tab key to change the focus of the settings dialog that appears when you play Frontierville and click space/return when the focus shifts to the Allow button.  Or 2) try a clean install, making sure to delete the folders listed out in the FAQ.  Then, after installing and before going to Facebook, go to the Global Storage Settings panel again and change the space to unlimited.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris

Well, it seems that we are at the end of the possibile solutions because I did not get different results after following your instructions in your last post.

This is all taking place on my mother's iMac so that she can play that Frontierville game. Yesterday she went to Zynga to get help from them directly because we fear that there may be no solution from Adobe. I have submitted the content of this thread to Zynga for their input.

Thank you

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Lance.  Please let me know what Zynga has to say.  I'm surprised that you are still getting this dialog with the slider set to unlimited.  I've tried to reproduce this with frontierville but haven't seen the dialog appear on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris

I hope you enjoyed your weekend – my mother was really hoping to have played this weekend, lol.

Here is the response from Zynga:

I understand you adobe settings are not allowing you to play the Pioneer Trail.

--  Please clear your Flash Cache. How to clear flash cache: - Go to: 

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

- Select the "Delete all sites" button. This will clear old information that your computer may be storing

-- You may also need to give Flash Player permission to store information on your computer. Click the Global Storage Settings (second tab) and set it to at least have 100KB of storage (more the better) Also the sections named "Allow Third-Party Flash Content to store data on your computer" and "Store common Flash Components to reduce download times" must have a checkmark on them. If these two are not enabled, Flash Player won't allow the game to download properly. Another way to improve the game loading is to allow the game to store even more data in the computer to verify if this is enabled you can click on the second-to-last tab named "Website Storage Settings Panel", you will have Faster Loading enabled when it is set to "Unlimited".

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate on contacting us again.

So, after following these instructions and clicking the DELETE ALL SITES BUTTON, I have discovered that a preference is not being stored (screenshot):

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 11.18.23 AM.png

This slider does NOT remember where I set it, so it stays at zero. There is no save button so I can only set it, then navigate away, then return. That's when I see the setting is not remembered.

Strangely, it is working now. Again, the only thing that I did different this time was delete all sites, as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.  I'll have to see why the native control panel didn't do the same thing.  I'm glad to hear you got this working though!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines