• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Automatic Connecting to RoboSource Control 3.1

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered server url to connect to Robohelp Server using RoboSource Control 3. I also mark that it should connect to this server every time the project is started. It is the wrong URL and it does not error out or abend. I am unable to go in and unmark the automatic connect because the first thing it does it try to connect. How or where can I stop it from trying to connect to this url address?

System Attributes

Robohelp HTML v8.02

RoboSource Control 3.1

Robohelp Server V8.0

Webhelp Pro 5.50 (7.00.145)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use the following method for TFS when I want to temporarily disconnect a project from source control. I assume it will work the same with RoboSource Control.

1. Make a backup of the project.
  2. Delete the CPD.
  3. Open the XPJ with Notepad.
  4. In the tags <miscproperties>, remove all the child tags (<matchedpair>).
  5. Save.
  6. Open Project with RoboHelp.

The projet is now disconnected. By not removing it from RH, you can disconnect a project while the files in source control are retained.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all you can not connect to RoboHelp Server from RoboSourceControl. RoboHelp Server is a hosting application that is completely separate from RoboHelp which can connect with RoboSourceControl.

OK. Now that I've made that clear, I still do not understand your problem. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Is it that all your RoboHelp projects are automatically being added to RoboSourceControl?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich21

I posted an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, that didn't come through - try again.

PS - I would kill your auto-signature that includes your e-mail unless you like spambots harvesting it ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently my post did not take. How can I post a screen print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the web interface, use the camera icon to upload an image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this...

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic open is marked and the server address is incorrect. It tries to connect but never does and it never error out.

RoboSource Control Connect Stop.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about setting up a new connection (called something else) with the correct info, then delete the "paid" connection that's wrong & tell it to use the new name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to the dialog that does that because it's try to connect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that the screen you just posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Will your previous 6 steps solution resolve the problem I am having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No idea - I don't use source control (plus I didn't suggest them - Willam did ). But it seems to me that you should be able to just start up RH clean (no projects) and adjust which database to connect to. That seems to be the screen that you show in your post, maybe I'm completely wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp