7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 1:12 AM by try67 RSS

Page Size is Wrong

JRTurner17

I have spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out how to change the page size from 8X 5 to 8 X 5.25.

If you have to be a flippin' rocket scientist to do this, then I don't think anything Adobe has to offer me is worth paying for this frustration.

Help!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Page Size is Wrong
          Bernd Alheit CommunityMVP

In Acrobat Pro try the crop tool.

• 2. Re: Page Size is Wrong
            JRTurner17 Community Member

Will the crop tool enlarge all 350 pages?

• 3. Re: Page Size is Wrong
              Bernd Alheit CommunityMVP

You can use the crop tool on one page, all pages, or a range of pages.

• 4. Re: Page Size is Wrong

THANK YOU! My gosh, you'd think "enlarging" wouldn't be under "Crop"--if "cropping" does that--why don't they call it "resizing" or something????? This is an insane way to run a program. I don't believe Adobe will be getting my business after this.

• 5. Re: Page Size is Wrong
                  Bill@VT CommunityMVP

Such a small reason for not continuing with a product. I am surprised  you still use Windows with the way MS does things. The change to OFFICE 2007 made it almost impossible to find things without relearning a product line. As long as you are using Acrobat, give it a chance. For what you were trying to do, there are not many other ways other than going back to the original and creating a new PDF.

• 6. Re: Page Size is Wrong

Any program that wants you to enlarge an image or a document by first hitting the "Crop" button, expects it's customers to be psychic--there really is no logical reason to have an option that resizes and only label that option "Crop." In no industry does the word "crop" mean "enlarge" and that's just what Adobe Acrobat Pro X expects us to understand. What other language should I have to learn to enjoy a product I pay for? Because that is definitely not English. And this was for such a small task--no telling what insanity I'll uncover when I try to do something far more complex.

So while it may seem a small reason to you--I have far too much work to do to spend the majority of my time searching for simple answers that will not come in simple language even to resolve the most simplest problem.

• 7. Re: Page Size is Wrong
                      try67 CommunityMVP

You're not "enlarging" anything. You're just adding more white margins

around the content of your document.

In fact, if you'll print it out later, the contents will become relatively

smaller, since a larger part of the page will just be white space.