• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE9 not unloading flash app when camera is on and the user leaves the page

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an IE9 user has their camera on and attempts to leave the webpage, the flash app stays loaded and the camera stays on.  Clearly this is an issue as the user has left the page.  Is there a good way to ensure that the flash app unloads and the camera turns off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a site where this happens?  I just gave http://www.testwebcam.com/ a try and after verifying that the camera is on (cam light on) I navigated away using both the back button and the address bar in IE9 and the camera turned off immediately in both cases.

Is this new behavior for you with our 11.2 release?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris!  This is not new behavior, and we can reproduce it all the way back to 10.3.  We definitely know that this can work as this issue happens inconsistently.  However, we see this behavior frequently.  This happens most often when navigating to a fast loading site like google.com.  I'd be happy to show you this on our site if you are able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Just an additional note:

It's more than just having the camera on. The app in question is also publishing the camera feed to an FMS.

I'm guessing the app at testwebcam.com is not publishing to an FMS.  When we see this problem, it's also possible to hear audio from other streams that our Flash app might be subscribing to (also coming from an FMS).

We've tried using the javascript onbeforeunload event to force a graceful shutdown, with mixed results. For example, with the onbeforeunload handler, if I navigate to google.com the google page loads very quickly and doesn't seem to allow enough time to tirgger the graceful shutdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently experiencing this same issue as described by Chris. You can navigate away from the page that contains the flash, but the NetConnection and NetStream will persist and continue to publish a stream to either FMS or Wowza. It happens inconsistently, but does appear to be an issue with IE, Flash, the camera and publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wesley,

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris. This is the first time I've submitted a bug, so I hope I've provided enough information. The link is: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3191635.

Thanks again,

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wes.  It looks good.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE 9 open http://www.testwebcam.com/ then open another tab to any page, then close the the testwebcam tab. My cam stays on, and same with many other systems that Ive tested. This is an issue in my case where I have a multi-widow webinar / chat app, as soon as I start up a cam for a private chat then close the window the cam is not released and negatively impacts the main webinar flash video. I've created loader swf's and beforeunload external interface calls to try and combat this without any success. Only cure is to close down all IE windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing this up again.  I've asked the team to take a look at the original bug, fwiw, I was also able to repro this with IE 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this issue again as well.  Chris, is there any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pinging the team again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines