• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I import SVG file to Flash CS5.5

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import a .SVG file that I made in Inkscape to Flash CS5.5 how do I do this? Do I need to install some type of plugin/extension? Is there some way around it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying because this page ranks pretty highly on Google for some queries.

You can do this (to some degree) by using the intermediary format 'EMF'.

In Inkscape, go to: 'File' -> 'Save As', and choose the type as 'Enhanced Metafile (*.emf)'. This file can then be imported straight into Adobe Flash Professional. This will at least work for simple SVG files - although it may not handle a lot of features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to save as other vector formats as well, like eps. That will import just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no, that's incorrect. Flash CS5.5 can NOT import PS/EPS. I've seen a few threads mentioning this, but it's not the case (maybe older versions supported that?).

The list of supported file formats can be found here;

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/supported-file-formats-flash-professional.html

To import PS/EPS, you'd need to convert it first through another tool, such as Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly supports AI (most annoying when it defaults to that on import instead of all formats). Export AI. Yes you're right, CS4 supported EPS. I haven't even tried to import one since. Strange it doesn't support it.

I know I can open a EPS in photoshop and paste the vectors into Flash. Perhaps that's a potential workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

salam,

it is very easy:

1- open the "name.svg" file in illustartror.

2- save it as "name.ai"

3- import it into the stage in flash, that is all.

best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines