Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Doc-to-help for Word 2009 to RoboHelp HTML - best practices

LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've unexpectedly come across some rogue colleagues who are using Doc-to-help for Word 2009 for their help. The company converted all Doc-to-help systems to RoboHelp in 2005 (converted everything by hand via notepad or started over in RH), but it seems some people got stuck with Doc-to-help and even got an upgrade to the 2009 version. I want to convert the Doc-to-help projects to RoboHelp HTML 9 so everyone in the company is using the same tools again. Since I've never used Doc-to-help myself, I'm looking for best practices, pitfalls, etc. I hope someone can share their experiences on Doc-to-help conversion with me. I'm most defenitely not going to repeat the workflow my colleagues used in 2005

A little overview: There are eight projects, consisting of a total of ~ 120 word documents. No fancy stuff is used, just loads of text with the occasional image. All using the same template. My plan is to create a conversion style sheet and importing all the documents into fresh RoboHelp projects. (Whether by script or by hand.) After that, I plan to run a small cleanup script to correct any problems, such as Word lists that won't come through nicely.

Any ideas, suggestions, warnings?

Greet,

Willam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam

Word 2009?

I have no knowledge of Doc-to-Help but I wonder if generating a CHM and reverse engineering that would work?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

"Doc-to-help for Word" 2009.

I'll look into the CHM route. Thanks.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp