Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe acrobat x pro can't install

Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've managed to install all the elements of the CS5 suite (thanks to manish!), but the acrobat pro x still refuses to install.  I'm getting a message that my system doesn't comply with the minimal requirements, but I've checked them out, and everything seems to be up to date.  Also, it seems strange that the minimal requirements for all the other programs (flash, etc. ) are ok, but that acrobat needs something entirely different.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any advice?

thanks,

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specifications?  This will allow us to evaluate what might be causing your difficulties.  If you can please include in your response all relevant information as compared too http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tech-specs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for your message, the only thing missing on my computer is the service pack 2 (right now I'm running windows vista 32 bit family edition, service pack 1).

However, I've tried to upgrade all night, with the windows update, and then manually with the download from microsoft, and I'm unable to install SP2.  I keep getting the message that I need to install SP1, which is already installed.

any way to get around this?

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to dig out the install logs. Maybe there's some more info there...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Got to the install logs, not quite sure what to look for though...here is the last bit of the logs.  Let me know if you'd like me to paste the entire file, thanks.

WARNING: DW024: The payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Core  {08EF22BC-43B2-4B4E-BA12-52B18F418F38} requires a UI parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Core_x64

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

ERROR: DW025: The payload with AdobeCode:  {857CC5F0-040E-1016-A173-D55ADD80C260} has required dependency on:

Family: InDesign

ProductName: Adobe InDesign CS5.5 Icon Handler x64

MinVersion: 0.0.0.0

This dependency is not satisfied, because this payload is x64 and is not supported on this machine.

Removing this dependency from list. Product may function improperly.

WARNING: DW025: The payload with AdobeCode:  {857CC5F0-040E-1016-A173-D55ADD80C260} has recommended dependency on:

Family: Adobe Web Suite CS5.5

ProductName: Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5 X64

This dependency is not satisfied, because this payload is x64 and is not supported on this machine.

Removing this payload from the dependency list.

WARNING: DW025: The payload with AdobeCode:  {D8CCCF4C-C227-427C-B4BE-736657D2AB7E} has recommended dependency on:

ERROR: DW025: The payload with AdobeCode:  {D97AF04B-B70A-4862-BC25-31E6D9C4A529} has required dependency on:

Family: CoreTech

ProductName: Adobe Player for Embedding x64 3.1

ERROR: DW025: The payload with AdobeCode:  {D97AF04B-B70A-4862-BC25-31E6D9C4A529} has required dependency on:

Family: Shared Technology

ProductName: Photoshop Camera Raw (64 bit)

ProductName: AdobeCMaps x64 CS5

ProductName: Adobe Linguistics CS5 x64

ProductName: AdobePDFL x64 CS5

ProductName: AdobeTypeSupport x64 CS5

ProductName: Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin CS5 x64

WARNING: DW025: The payload with AdobeCode:  {D97AF04B-B70A-4862-BC25-31E6D9C4A529} has recommended dependency on:

ERROR: DW046: Following Conflicting processes were running -

block:Dreamweaver MX 2004 (Dreamweaver.exe)

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.

These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit Code: 24 - User cancelled out of install/uninstall/reinstall.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

END - Installer Session

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link Mylenium provided also provides guidance on what you are looking for in your installation logs.  The key thing is you want to be looking for ERROR or FATAL and then searching using the link to the Knowledge base in the document to find the solution.   Alternately you can also utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to automatically review the logs and attempt to identify a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver MX2004? Have you made sure the process is actually terminated via task manager? The only other real issue is indeed the lack of SP2 but if it refuses to install, then there is something deeper going on. Usually this means that a core component is missing or not properly updated which could be a missing mandatory update for internet Explorer for instance. Impossible to tel lwithout actually knowing what's onyour system. Perhaps you can try to tippy-toe through the process by choosing advanced optionsin Windows Update and letting it look for additional components...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I've been trying to upgrade for two days now and it's a no go.  The problem really seems to be that adobe pro needs the SP2, and my old laptop just won't accept it.  It's a real shame because I bought the suite mostly for the acrobat functionality.  If anyone comes up with a way to make acrobat pro install on an SP1 computer, please contact me!

Thanks again for your replies (jeff & mylenium).

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines