• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are these correct files for flash player 11.2.202.229?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Vista 32 bit with IE8

Installed new flash player 11.2.202.228 appears without problems. However, When I look at some of the files, they appear to look a lot different than previous one.

For example, the active x file use to look something like this

Flash11g.ocx

Now the new one looks like this

Flash_32_11_2_202_228.ocx

I also see FlashPlayerApp (an exe file)   in C:\WINDOWS\system32\

So should FlashPlayerApp show   in C:\WINDOWS\system32  ?

And is Flash_32_11_2_202_228.ocx the correct flash player for windows Vista 32 bit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Hi FPagain,

Yes, all the files are installed in the right place and FlashPlayerApp.exe should be in C:\Windows\system32.

-Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm almost 100% sure I downloaded the version for Vista 32 bit and IE  browser, but these files look different than in the past so I makes me worried I  downloaded the wrong flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do others see these items too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely I'm not the only one noticing this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From where are you downloading the installation files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FPAgain,

Yes, the files and file names that you mention are 100% authentic. If you are ever in doubt, right-click on the file and select properties. There, please check the Digital Signature tab. You should see Adobe Systems Incorporated as the signer of the binary.

To give you some background: The file names had to change as part of the new Background Updater (introduced with FP11.2). If you'd like to read more about the Background Updater, you can do so in this DevNet article and my blog post that answers some FAQs.

Hope this helps!

-Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I knew that the files were legit from ADOBE, but was unclear if they were the right files for 32 bit vista with IE browser type. Was wondering if they were installed in the right place too

And FlashPlayerApp (an exe file)  should be located  in C:\WINDOWS\system32  folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FPagain,

Yes, all the files are installed in the right place and FlashPlayerApp.exe should be in C:\Windows\system32.

-Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines