Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirect to htm file not working

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I want to redirect a user from a topic in a chm file to an external htm file (not a website). I am using the meta tag: <meta HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="4;URL=mypage.htm">. The redirect works perfectly when I preview the topic in RoboHelp, or when I open the topic using Explorer instead of RoboHelp. However, after I compile the project, the topic cannot find the htm page. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any ideas,

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably haven't accounted for the relative path to that external file (accounting for the directories in which your RH output and that external file reside.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Leon, you are absolutely right.. I added the ../ to the line and now it works fine.

<meta HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="4;URL=../mypage.htm">

Thanks so much!

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp