Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Secure WebHelp

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Appreciate any help on this matter. In RoboHelp HTML, I'm publishing a WebHelp help system that I'd like to secure. The Help file system is a link off of a website that requires a login. While the website (ASP) itself is secure, the help files are not. Users have been able to link externally to the help files by determining the URL and have not needed to login.

How do I secure the published files so that it also requires a login similar to the website where the help files are linked? Or is there any other way that access is restricted if the user tries to access the help files without first logging into the website where the help files are linked to?

Thanks in advance.

Karthik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karthik,

And welcome to the forum.

My main question for you is, why can you not publish to the secure webserver that the application is running on?

This would be the easy option.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply! Appreciate the feedback. It's funny because the HTML file is actually being published on the secure web server.

For example, the ASP application is running on http://www.forexample.com/website/ and if you type that URL, it asks for a login that takes you to the secure website.

However, the Webhelp is published on http://www.forexample.com/website/webhelp/webhelp/helpfile.htm and if you type that URL, it takes you directly to the help files without any login.

How do I secure that as well? Highly appreciate the response, in advance. Thanks!

Karthik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think this is an issue for your server security administrators.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp