4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 11:33 PM by DBarranca RSS

o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?

birdofillomen Community Member

can't seem to get any help with this.  i can't post or reply in the indesign forums.  does anyone know why?

• 1. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
          Harbs. MVP

Which forum exactly did you try on?

• 2. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
            John Hawkinson Community Member

It appears there is some kind of general problem where most users cannot post or reply to posts in the InDesign * forums.

• 3. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
              bjuby Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I keep on being asked to fill in my questions (which, incidentally is, "Whenever I try to change the colour of the font I now get a ghost image of the colour chosen surrounding the original  black text. Does any-one know why, please") but keep on being told that no-one has asked this question before. What's wrong with these people? They don't tell you where to go from there! How can they call this "Help"?

• 4. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
                DBarranca Community Member

Isn't it just that you are typing your topic title in the "Ask a question" field? This is for searching in the forums.

To post a new thread you're supposed to take a magnifying glass, point it in the top right corner and find the "New" text (which is actually a drop down menu in disguise). Clicking it you find the "Discussion" item that actually let you insert a new topic.

I guess this is a design "feature" of the forum - in order to prevent wild posting and promote search.

Well, at least the font in this section of Adobe's websites can be magnified (on Safari) with Command +, the Devnet keeps its original size and enlarge images only (quite disturbing and useless - this is a big design flaw imho).

Cheers

Davide