4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 11:33 PM by DBarranca RSS

o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?

birdofillomen Community Member

can't seem to get any help with this.  i can't post or reply in the indesign forums.  does anyone know why?

• 1. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
          Harbs. CommunityMVP

Which forum exactly did you try on?

• 2. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
            John Hawkinson CommunityMVP

It appears there is some kind of general problem where most users cannot post or reply to posts in the InDesign * forums.

• 3. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
              bjuby

I'm having the same problem. I keep on being asked to fill in my questions (which, incidentally is, "Whenever I try to change the colour of the font I now get a ghost image of the colour chosen surrounding the original  black text. Does any-one know why, please") but keep on being told that no-one has asked this question before. What's wrong with these people? They don't tell you where to go from there! How can they call this "Help"?

• 4. Re: o.t.  how to post in indesign forums?
                DBarranca Community Member

Isn't it just that you are typing your topic title in the "Ask a question" field? This is for searching in the forums.

To post a new thread you're supposed to take a magnifying glass, point it in the top right corner and find the "New" text (which is actually a drop down menu in disguise). Clicking it you find the "Discussion" item that actually let you insert a new topic.

I guess this is a design "feature" of the forum - in order to prevent wild posting and promote search.

Well, at least the font in this section of Adobe's websites can be magnified (on Safari) with Command +, the Devnet keeps its original size and enlarge images only (quite disturbing and useless - this is a big design flaw imho).

Cheers

Davide