Exit

Script to move files to project output directory

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 9

Custom Webhelp project

I would like to create a post production script to place some modified file sin the Help project output directory.

What would this look like and how can the output be specified according to the specified output folder in the project

TIA

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Problem seems to be solved.

I reread some areas of Skinny on Skins which i had either overlooked or forgotten which explains that the base files of the tool generation process can be modified in RH Program Files. I have modified whtbar.js file in that directory and now do not need to replace the js file in the output directory after each time i generate a project.

This helps me immenseley and opens the door to other customisation. Or are there any downsides to doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Isnt' this where configuring Publishing would come in?

Or are you saying you also want to ensure you include content among the generated files? In that case, I would explore adding said files to Baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried adding the script file as baggage but that doesnt seem to work

I have modified whtbars.js and want to add that to the output after it is generated to overwrite the existing whtbars.js file.

The edit tot he JS file allows me to add tooltips to my custom buttons without displaying the tip strings as part of the button area.

Until now i had avoided any post processing steps to output and only managed customisations which don't involve replacing output files because it is easily overlooked. I would make quite a few more customisations uto JS files if i could easily add them to a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are several possibilities, depending on what you want to do. You can create a script that lets you select the SSL, generate it, copies in files, modifies files and publishes it all to a webserver. If you like, I can send you an example script, but beware that such scripts can get quite large, depending on what you want to do.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probaly dont want to do that much but i would apreeciate a look at your script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding modified output files as baggage: no. RH will overwrite them.

For the script, please mail me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu and I'll send you an example.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem seems to be solved.

I reread some areas of Skinny on Skins which i had either overlooked or forgotten which explains that the base files of the tool generation process can be modified in RH Program Files. I have modified whtbar.js file in that directory and now do not need to replace the js file in the output directory after each time i generate a project.

This helps me immenseley and opens the door to other customisation. Or are there any downsides to doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Glad the Skinny helped you out!

The only "down side" if you will, is that by changing the seed files, every project you create after will have the same modifications. As long as you are comfortable with that, you should be good to go. But you might find yourself frustrated if you decided to create something totally different that didn't require the modifications.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp