• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLS streaming leftovers

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have HLS live streaming events streamed using default livepkgr application and default liveevent. However even if we stop the stream, users can still play last 5-6 seconds of the stream on their iOS devices.

The link http://ourdomain/hls-live/liveevent/streamname.m3u8 also still works even if we stop the stream. The main problem here is that when we want to create a new stream with the same name again it doesn't work anymore. FMLE application shows that it is publishing the stream, however all clients just replays the old 5-6 seconds again and again.

What could be the problem and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

adbe-record-mode= setting

Here setting can be

1. "record" - which will create a fresh recording everytime you start publishing. Remove the old one. You need to be sure about this.

2. "append" - which is default one. In this case recording is appended to the previous recording. But for this to work correctly, you must have either

a.  Proper ATC settings in application.xml. (which i can't remember offhand)

or

b. must have absolute timestamps from the encoder. In FM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer lies in this thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981286?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain a litle bit adbe-record-mode= setting, the possible values for it and what exactly it does? There is no information regarding it in documentation.

As I understand adbe-record-mode=record records all live event on the server and keeps them? We don't want to keep the recordings, we just need to broadcast live event.

The syncronisation = true parameter in config.ini that is mentioned in previous thread; I cannot find config.ini anywhere on the system. The only configuration file FMLE has is config.xml and setting streamsynchronisation XML tag to true doesn't help either. Or should I delete all livepkgr/stream from the server after I adjusted it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here setting can be

1. "record" - which will create a fresh recording everytime you start publishing. Remove the old one. You need to be sure about this.

2. "append" - which is default one. In this case recording is appended to the previous recording. But for this to work correctly, you must have either

or

b. must have absolute timestamps from the encoder. In FMLE, sending absolute timestamp can be enabled by making syncronisation to true in config.ini of the FMLE.

So as you said, you don't want to keep recordings ( any dvr data).. settting adbe-record-mode=record is best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding config.ini file in FMLE application, do you mean config.xml and streamsynchronisation setting? Because as I said, there is no such file on my system.

And do I need to delete all old streams from the server when I adjust absolute timestamp settings in FMLE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yes.. config.xml (sorry for the confusion)

And do I need to delete all old streams from the server when I adjust absolute timestamp settings in FMLE?

- you can always avoid doing that "manually" by using "adbe-record-mode=record" .. But if you want new recording to append to previous, you shouldn't use this mode.. It depend upon your use case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I decided to NOT use adbe-record-mode=record.

The reason I'm asking about file deletion is when I first adjusted timestamps to true in config.xml it didn't work for me. Old streams were still broadcasted to users. But after I deleted all old streams from the server it began to work. Now republishing works every time with "synchronization = true" and  "adbe-record-mode=append". So can you confirm that changing timestamp parameter needs deleting old streams on the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q- So can you confirm that changing timestamp parameter needs deleting old streams on the server?

A-

- if old stream is also published with the "syncronisation=true" param - then not.

- if there is timestamp timeline mismatch (i.e one is published with absolute timestamp and other with non absolute) - then yes. And you can do deletion either manually or using "adbe-record-mode=record" every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nitin

could you please answer me as well?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nnmk,

Q- Could you share these (correct Application.xml settings to stream 24/7 live with the default append parameter) with us?

A- I have raised your concerns with my team.. Will talk to experts of this area in my team.. Please bear with me.. Let me check correct solution..

Q- Also, all of this append/record stuff is undocumented (which is criminal in my opinion since a lot of clients cant stream live HLS until they change this parameter) although there are a couple of posts on this forum, can we get a complete quide about these two paramters - including the info on how to change these on server side (in .asc).

A- You need to replace the instances of "append" with "record" in main.asc . I will talk to documentation team on this.

Q-Are there any differences if we setup these server side instead of FMLE?

A- No, but if you send it via FMLE, its on per stream basis. While if you change the livepkgr app, it once for all streams. And change in livepkgr app will require reloading the app.

Thanks for your patience..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nitin,

many thanks for replying!

I (and i believe some part of this community, especially the paying customers with interest in 24/7 rtmp+hds+hls live streaming) avait you answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nitin and all other employees here,

about this:

Here setting can be

or

b. must have absolute timestamps from the encoder. In FMLE, sending absolute timestamp can be enabled by making syncronisation to true in config.ini of the FMLE.

So as you said, you don't want to keep recordings ( any dvr data).. settting adbe-record-mode=record is best for you.

I have never succeded to setup 24/7 live HLS to work properly and to stream live with the append default - regardles of the Application.xml settings.

(FMS streams via HLS only whats written on the disk in the duration set in diskmanagement - which is not rewritten if append parameter is on, which is the default - am i right? According to tests i've done, i am but please do correct me if i'm wrong)

Could you share these (correct Application.xml settings to stream 24/7 live with the default append parameter) with us?

Also, all of this append/record stuff is undocumented (which is criminal in my opinion since a lot of clients cant stream live HLS until they change this parameter) although there are a couple of posts on this forum, can we get a complete quide about these two paramters - including the info on how to change these on server side (in .asc).

Are there any differences if we setup these server side instead of FMLE? (whats the correct setting in .asc server side "" or "record"?)

Someone please answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines