• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need to install RoboHelp for Word??

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used RoboHelp since 2006 and am going to install the RH 9 trial version to compare against several other HATs.  I assume that you can still create, edit, and manage content from inside RoboHelp so I'm wondering whether I need to install RoboHelp for Word.,  We have no help files that were created in Word.  Can someone tell me what advantages there might be to doing things in Word vs. RoboHelp???

Thank you - Ruth Markham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruth and welcome back to RoboHelp!

You would only want RoboHelp for Word if you wanted to use Microsoft Word as your authoring tool. Also, if you were creating the stone age WinHelp output as RoboHelp for Word is the only RoboHelp product that is capable of creating that output type.

Most folks are happily using RoboHelp HTML.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, thanks for the quick response.  We definitely will NOT be creating any WinHelp output so there probably isn't any reason for me to install RoboHelp for Wrod.

Thanks - Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp