• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have to constantly reinstall flash player every time i open my conputer

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as the title says, i have to constantly reinstall flash player every time i open my conputer.

can any one help me because this issue is driving me crazy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

JllyGrnGiant wrote:

The line reads:

Local Group Memberships  *Administrators  *HomeUsers

Could you do the following please.

1. Click "Start" and then in the search box at the bottom of the menu, type: CMD
  2. When you get the link, right click it and choose "Run As Administrator".
  3. At the prompt, type CD\ and hit Enter. This will take you to the root.
  4. Next, type: net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter to enable the hidden Administrator account.
  5. Type: EXIT to close the command prompt. 
  6. Reboot the m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  If it's windows, could you try the following steps to see if it helps?

1. Download the current 32 or 64 bit uninstaller appropriate for you OS
  2. Close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
  3. Open regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-shockwave-flash
  4. Install Flash again

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same trouble as the above poster, it wont stay installed,  how do i delete " HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-shockwave-flash"

i dont know how to do it... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you go Chris Campbell's route because messing around with the registry can get you into a whole load of trouble if you're not careful (no offence Chris), could you please try running this Microsoft fix which was written to address the problem of not being able to maintain an installation: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

If it doesn't work, post again and I'll provide you with some screenshots to help you delete the key Chris described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the problem doesn't exist any more once i deleted the flashinstall log

but thanks anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (Flash Reader 11.2 r202).

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and regardless if I install Adobe Flash Player for IE 9 or Firefox 11, the installation works only until I restart my computer.  After restarting, sites like youtube don't prompt me to reinstall flash but just show a blank location where the video would play.  The plugins are still installed on the machine and both Firefox and IE still recognize that the plugins are there.  They just don't work.

I have repeatedly tried uninstalling and reinstalling the flash player and have also tried the recommended step of deleting "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-shockwave-flash" with no success.

Visiting the website

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

shows my flash player version after I reinstall flash, but after restarting my machine and visiting the site, neither the version of flash nor an error message is shown.  Only an empty space where the message would go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

After the clean install, do a clean boot.

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items, click Apply, click Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft Services, click Disable all, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

Check to see if Flash Player is still functioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately the suggestions did not help.

After running through the complete cleaning process flash was completely disabled (as it should be) so visiting sites like Youtube prompted for me to install flash.  Flash didn't work again until I reinstalled, however I got the same issues as before.  Restarting my computer causes flash to stop sorking.

But again, thank you for the rely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JllyGrnGiant wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately the suggestions did not help.

After running through the complete cleaning process flash was completely disabled (as it should be) so visiting sites like Youtube prompted for me to install flash.  Flash didn't work again until I reinstalled, however I got the same issues as before.  Restarting my computer causes flash to stop sorking.

But again, thank you for the rely.

Do you by any chance have an app called "Playon" installed? it's mentioned here by a user having a similar problem to your own: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26636257-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that program.  But thank you for the suggestion.

Flash worked perfectly fine until I updated from Flash 10 to 11.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to reinstall an older version and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do the following please.

1. Click Start and then in the search box at the bottom of the menu, type: CMD
  2. Click the link to open a command prompt and then type the following: net user %username% and hit Enter.
  3. In the results list on the left, look for "Local Group Memberships". On the right of that, which group(s) does it say your username is a member of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line reads:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JllyGrnGiant wrote:

The line reads:

Could you do the following please.

1. Click "Start" and then in the search box at the bottom of the menu, type: CMD
  2. When you get the link, right click it and choose "Run As Administrator".
  3. At the prompt, type CD\ and hit Enter. This will take you to the root.
  4. Next, type: net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter to enable the hidden Administrator account.
  5. Type: EXIT to close the command prompt. 
  6. Reboot the machine and you'll see an additional logon option called Administrator. Choose that and then hit Enter to boot to the desktop (the Aministrator account doesn't have a password by default).
  7. Disable your antivirus to prevent it interfering with the installation. If you have AVAST antivirus, right click the orange icon in systray, go to Avast Shields Control and disable all shields for 1 hour. Otherwise consult this list for instructions on how to disable it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html
  8. Next, download Flash for Internet Explorer from here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_64bit.exe
  9. When you see the prompt, click "Run" to install it immediately.
  10. After the installation completes, open a command prompt again and type: net user administrator /active:no to disable the Administrator account.
  11. Reboot the machine and then open Internet Explorer.
  12. Click "Tools", then "Manage Add-ons".
  13. In the dropdown menu on the left near the bottom (see screenshot), choose "Run without permission".
  14. Scroll down to "Adobe Systems Incorporated" and verify that "Shockwave Flash Object" is installed and enabled. If it's present, but disabled, click the "Enable" button bottom left of that menu.
  15. Finally, re-enable you antivirus and reboot again. Check the "Manage Add-ons" menu to verify that Flash is still present.

flash_ie_installation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem.  Except I have tried everything from an administrative account with administrative privileges. 

I have also followed the clean install procedures http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315 as well as the above. 

I note, however, that the "Shockwave Flash Object" does not appear as published by "Adobe Systems Incorporated" but rather as "Not Available" even though it is enabled.  The "Shockwave Active X Control" is listed as published by "Adobe Systems Incorporated."

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the procedure but noticed that next to Shockwave Flash Object the publisher is listed as "Not Available" yet is enabled, just like jimsup33.  I visited the Adobe Flash Player test site to verify if the player was working and it still is not.

Thank you for your help however.  I greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd like to investigate this further.  Could do the following steps for me?

1. Download and extract AccessChk to a folder on your computer

2. Download and extract the attached "flashreport.bat" file to the same location as AccessChk (flash_report.bat and accesschk.exe should be in the same location).  Please note that unless you have file extensions visible you might not see the .exe and .bat parts of the file name.

3. Install Flash Player again so that it is in the working state

4. Right click "flashreport.bat" and select "Run as administrator"

5. A window will appear briefly, then close.  A new file named "flashreport.txt" will be created.

6. Rename this file to "flashreport_good.txt"

7. Reboot your system, or do whatever is needed so that Flash is no longer working properly and repeat 4.

8. Save the new flashreport.txt as flashreport_bad.txt.

Please email both of these reports along with a link to your forum thread to ccampbel@adobe.com

In addition, please let us know if the Flash Player installer name you ran ends with "aih".  And finally, if it did not end with "aih", did you start the installer using the download dialog's "run" button or did you double click on the .exe after saving the file?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as the others-I went ahead and performed your instructions and just emailed them to that address. So far the solutions given in this thread haven't fixed my problem.

Oh! I did notice in a brief comparison of the two text files that the "Bad" report is about 300 million bytes smaller at the "Directory Listing: system32\macromed\flash\" part, down where it says Total Files Listed, the 'Dir(s)' is smaller in the bad report, if that's any significance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I am having exactly the same problem.

I am on Windows 7 and running Firefox browser. Flash installs and works fine. However, when my PC reboots Flash is no longer installed. This has only started happening quite recently.

I will try and run the test you mentioned above and email you the results (Update: I have emailed you the files Chris).

Thanks for your help

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally resolved this issue.  See discussion at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4317467#4317467 including final post.

Follow the clean install procedures http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315, BUT also make sure that your MACROMEDIA folders have full permissions for administrators and rwx for users.  I don't know what program would have changed/corrupted my permissions, it is possible that they were legacy permissions from an earlier installation of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines