• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't post to forums! - Except this time, obvioulsy

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the website forums to work properly anymore. I have tried on four different computers including one from a different location entirely. I also created an entirely different identity and it still doesn't work. If I go to log in, it logs me in and shows my personal info, allows changes to my password, whatever.  During the entire time I am in forums the top of the page says “Welcome, always frustrated” (that’s my user name). When I go to a forum question I posted a couple of weeks ago, I can view it, but I cannot reply and a "reply" option does not appear anywhere. It does say “logon/register” but that link takes you to a page that never loads. The same thing happens if I try to start a new discussion. This has gone on for a couple of weeks. After numerous trys, I thought I would try again this morning. Some how I got through this time. Can anyone help? (by the way, I may not be able to reply to this since I might not be able to post again).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

As you noted, the forums have a separate login link that is under the black Forums banner on the left side of the screen. Is that the link/page that never loads? That page is at adobe.com and is not within the forums. Have you tried clearing out cookies from adobe.com and forums.adobe.com? Clearing the browser cache? It isn’t a common error and I can’t see anything wrong from the forums side of things.

Let us know if you do get back in to reply to this. If you cannot get in send a note to userfor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you noted, the forums have a separate login link that is under the black Forums banner on the left side of the screen. Is that the link/page that never loads? That page is at adobe.com and is not within the forums. Have you tried clearing out cookies from adobe.com and forums.adobe.com? Clearing the browser cache? It isn’t a common error and I can’t see anything wrong from the forums side of things.

Let us know if you do get back in to reply to this. If you cannot get in send a note to userforum at adobe dot com and I’ll send this off to the Adobe membership folks to see if they find any errors in your Adobe IDs. I do see both of your accounts and will send them info on both.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, everything seems to be working fine now. I am responding from my second account right now. This wouldn't work before either and nothing has changed on my end. But as to your questions, you were right about the link. Where it says Login/Register under the large word Forums is the link that would never load. I asked a friend at another location to try this and they had the same problem.

All this time it said I was logged in along the very top of the page, which I did not realize was a seperate log-in. So I guess I was logged into Adobe and the link for the forums login was not working and that was my problem.  That broken link now works fine. I am surprised that you have not heard anything about that since my friend in another part of town was having the same issue. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another note, something that I can laugh about now but got me really annoyed when it happened was when I did a text chat with Adobe help online. After I explained the problem to him, his response was, "I do not know. I'm sorry, but I do not know anything about your future fortune."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your friend trying to sign in with his own Adobe ID or with yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He was going to sign in with mine, but never got the chance to try because the login/register link went to a page that would never load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That is what I wanted to confirm. It sounds like it was an issue with your account, not with the overall site. Something in your account was causing the sign in page to go into a loop. Have you made any recent changes to your Adobe ID (change email address, change your name, or anything like that)?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no changes, but I don't understand how it was just my account. If my friend and I never logged in to the forums account because I couldn't get to the login page, the system could not know which account I was going to use. Unless logging into the Adobe account somehow affected the forums account before I even tried to log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t make sense to me, either. But it might have been picking up an Adobe.com cookie. Signing into forums redirects you to adobe.com for the sign in page, it isn’t a forum page. So it might have seen a cookie already set and didn’t handle it correctly. But that’s all speculation on my part. It is a black box for me. Right now my concern is that you can get into the forums. If that changes, send an email and I’ll find an engineer to take a look at what is going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reply here (and many other Adobe forums) but not to the Adobe Flash Player forum, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those having problems not getting into forums try the following:

in your web browser look for Cookies or Cookie manager. locate any and all cookies associated with adobe forums. Delete them.

quit your browser then restrat computer and restart browser now sign in. make absolutely sure you know your username and password.

This might cure the problem.  Then you might blessed with the problem one forum user couldn’t get  fixed for nearly two years if it has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines