• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illegal override of createGeometry in flashx.textLayout.elements.FlowGroupElement

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated from using FlashDevelop 3.3.4 and Adobe Flash CS 5 to FlashDevelop 4.0.1 and Adobe Flash CS 5.5. I am now having a HUGE amount of trouble getting my project to work again due to TLFTextfields.

I understand that CS 5.5 uses TLF 2.0, so I have included the more recent tlfruntime.swc in the FlashDevelop project. Everything compiles fine but when I run the program I get this:

[Fault] exception, information=VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of createGeometry in flashx.textLayout.elements.FlowGroupElement.

My guess is that the new tlfruntime.swc I have included in FlashDevelop is now out of sync with the corresponding swf RSL that gets loaded at run time. In the Flash CS 5.5 folder, I can only see one RSL - textLayout_2.0.0.232.swz. In the rsls folder in FlashDevelop, it has textLayout_2.0.0.232.swf AND textLayout_2.0.0.232.swz. Both the swz files in CS 5.5 and FlashDevelop are the same size. I copeid the one from CS 5.5 over to FlashDevelop anyway, but it made no difference.

I don't know what the difference is between swf and swz, but I'm guessing FlashDevelop is loading the swf, not the swz, and I can't find a textLayout swf file in CS 5.5.

Anyone able to help out?

TOPICS
Text layout framework

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what you mentioned about FlashDevelop should be FlashBuilder, right?

For FlashBuilder, if you are using RSL model to link TLF. You should change the corresponding settings in the Flex-config.xml. Or You may solve the problem by setting libraries as "merge into code".

For migrate from CS5 to CS5.5, you may check the help of http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/flash_cs5_help.pdf. In the chapter 9, you should find the detailed steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are quite a few previous discussions on this issue. I select one for you http://forums.adobe.com/message/3722206#3722206. You may find more in our forum on this issue. Hope it will be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No we are using FlashDevelop, not FlashBuilder.

I figured out the problem. I had to recompile all of our libraries (40+) in CS 5.5. As most of them were still compiled from CS 5, they would have had the TLF Runtime 1.0 still embedded, instead of TLF runtime 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines