4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 3:21 AM by paulinventome RSS

Possible motion blur bug?

paulinventome Community Member

If I use light projection onto a solid, then animate the point of interest of a 3d camera across it the edges of the solid will motion blur but the projected image inside will not. If I swap the solid to an image or comp then the content blurs as I would expect.

I recreating a 3d scene from photos using projections but not being able to motion blur the projected images is a huge problem.

I'm still using CS5, is there a chance that 5.5 will work, is this a known bug?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

• 1. Re: Possible motion blur bug?
          Mylenium MVP

Could be a limitation due to how AE renders things. This would then be no different in CS5.5 just as well and you couldn't really do anything about it. I'd have to build a quick test scene to verify...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Possible motion blur bug?

Mylenium,

It would be great if you could, that way I know for sure it's not me. The key is projecting an image from a light onto the solid.

Seems like a major bug personally, that would stop me using AE for VFX work if I can't get around it. I was hoping to not have to work in full 3D

Thanks

Paul

• 3. Re: Possible motion blur bug?
              Mylenium MVP

Indeed this is still the same in CS5.5. again, it's not per se a bug, just a limitation in how the motion is evaluated. The workaround would be to nest your comp and apply CC Force Motionblur in the parent comp. I tried and this gives the expected result, it may just make rendering very slow.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Possible motion blur bug?

Thanks for the confirmation. I have a static camera with an animated interest point, will have to think about how to force motion blur. Not in front of it now so will try later.

Seems like a bug to me! I wonder if I can set up the environment in 3d and bring it into AE with baked textures...

Thanks again

Paul