Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overdrive activation error 256

Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting activation error 256 whenever I attempt to log on to Overdrive on my ipad2.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail.  Is this just a server issue on your end or is there something that I am doing wrong?  Any help that you can give me would be very appriciated.  Thanks a bunch.

Maureen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message. I originally had the error message "ASC4 License Initialization Error:-1001 an unexpected system error occurred while trying to contact the Adobe server" so I deauthorized my iPad then tried to Reauthorize it to which I am now getting the 256 error message. I'm wondering if I should delete Overdrive and reinstall it to my iPad to see if that will help...

Have you had any luck getting yours working?

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly the same issues this is now day 3, I did remove overdrive and re install but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you post in the App store in the Overdrive Review you were having issues since the update in case this is an issue from their end? I did, figured it wouldn't hurt...

Did you have the same first error message I had, the Error 1001?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had problems before I reinslled the app I just thought getting rid of it then re installing it might fix it.  I did have the error 1001 first as well, are you able to access adobe .com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!!!  I was playing with the settings of overdrive and turned the automatic download off and now it works. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but now I can 'magically' access adobe.com!  Strange indeed, thanks to all who had suggestions.

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh crap, I spoke too soon.  I downloaded 2 books but now it's back to the 1001 error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angie ( I feel like I know you now since we've chatted all day!)

I got my Authorization to work I don't know if Adobe did something or what, but this is what I did... In settings I turned off Auto play, Cellular download, automatic downloads and auto check messages. I then tapped clear deleted titles even though there weren't any, then I tapped check for messages.clicked ok when it said there were none. Then clicked Authorize, tried two times with everything off then when it didn't work I turned on all the settings I had turned off ,did the Authorization again and it worked! I was able to download the books from the library directly from my iPad. I am able to open and read a book!

I hope this works for you!

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Cheryl, it seems to work if I turn the auto download off then it doesn't ask for adobe user and password, weird but whatever.

Thanks

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to help you in another post, but ......

This forum deals with Adobe Digital Editions, not Overdrive. So, there

aren't any technical gurus here who are likely to help you with the problem

you've stated. Also, iPads do not interface with Digital Editions.

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is in part an Adobe problem as I'm trying to Activate my Adobe Authorization with my Adobe ID on my iPad. This has worked before, for the last year. Yes it is in the Overdrive program but it still has to access Adobe's servers to verify I have an Adobe ID so I can read Adobe ebooks. This is just very frustrating as it doesn't seem there is support for authorizing an Adobe account. I tried chat and was told to create and submit a web case so hopefully I will get some help soon. My next option might be to create a new Adobe ID and password and try to see if that works...

Also the error that comes up is Adobe Activation Error:256 An unexpected system error occured while trying to contact the dobe Servers

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines