New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using:

ColdFusion 9.01

Oracle iPlanet Web Server 7.0.13

Windows 2008 R2 Standard

When I try to use the Web Server Configuration Tool, I get the following message:   warning "connectors/nsapi/intel-win64/prebuilt/jrun_nsapi.dll".  Could it be an incompatability with the versions of software that I am using?  Has anyone successfully configured ColdFusion 9.01 with Oracle iPlanet Web Server 7.0.13?

I can't get past this message (see below).

The wsconfig.log file has the following:

02/14 00:39:57 debug Parsing Sun ONE Web Server (iPlanet) configuration file G:\Program Files\Oracle\WebServer7\https-CFAdmin\config\magnus.conf

02/14 00:39:57 debug Parsing Sun ONE Web Server (iPlanet) configuration file G:\Program Files\Oracle\WebServer7\https-CFAdmin\config\obj.conf

02/14 00:39:57 error connectors/nsapi/intel-win64/prebuilt/jrun_nsapi.dll

java.io.FileNotFoundException: connectors/nsapi/intel-win64/prebuilt/jrun_nsapi.dll

at jrunx.connectorinstaller.JarUtils.extractToFile(JarUtils.java:72)

at jrunx.connectorinstaller.CIUtil.extractConnector(CIUtil.java:274)

at jrunx.connectorinstaller.iPlanetInstaller.installConnector(iPlanetInstaller.java:136)

at jrunx.connectorinstaller.ConnectorInstaller.installConnector(ConnectorInstaller.java:341)

at jrunx.connectorinstaller.ConnectorInstaller.doIt(ConnectorInstaller.java:275)

at jrunx.connectorinstaller.ConnectorInstaller.main(ConnectorInstaller.java:765)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to ze documentz, iPlanet is not a supported webserver for ColdFusion. I reckon that's your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sun™ Java™ System Web Server 7 has been renamed to Oracle iPlanet Web Server since the ColdFusion docs came out.  However, I am running the 64 bit version of ColdFusion 9.01 and Oracle iPlanet Web Server is 32 bit.  There may be an incompatibility there.  I am going to try installing the 32 bit version of CF 9.01 and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that changes things then. In which case yes, could well be an architecture incompatibility. Rather than going for CF 32-bit, why not use a 64-bit webserver? Might as well make use of a 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck? We are installing CF 9 tomorrow. Wasn't sure about 64-bit or 32-bit, since we also have installed 32-bit Oracle iPlanet Web Server in Windows 2008 R2 platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using 64-bit Windows 2008 R2.  I could not get any combination of CF 9 and 32-bit Oracle iPlanet Web Server working on this platform.  I finally went all 64-bit, substituting IIS for 32-bit Oracle iPlanet Web Server.  This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using  Solaris 10 SPARC, iPlanet 7.0.15, and I'm not going to use Apache!

Note: I made a slight modification to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 reference in the startup script for iPlanet.

You have to do this to make the virtual server use the 64-bit libraries.

vi /sun/webserver7/https-<config_name>/bin/startserv

look for this line:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64="${SERVER_LIB_PATH_64}:${SERVER_JVM_LIBPATH}:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64}"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64
and change it to this line:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64="${SERVER_LIB_PATH_64}:${SERVER_JVM_LIBPATH}:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64}:/usr/sfw/lib/sparcv9"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64

I'm moving from CF8 ENT to CF9 ENT.

Here's the problem: iPlanet virtual server is configured for 64-bit operation; the connector in CF9 is 32-bit.

Question: What Program is Making this file ---> libjrun_nsapi.so ??

I'm assuming CF is creating it, so try to follow my logic here.....

CF9 doesn't want to produce libjrun_nsapi.so in 64-bit mode.

The file is located here:
/opt/coldfusion9/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/libjrun_nsapi.so

Instead it spits out a 32-bit file....

# file libjrun_nsapi.so

libjrun_nsapi.so:       ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARC32PLUS Version 1, V8+ Required, dynamically linked, not stripped, no debugging information avail

It's supposed to look something like this:

# file libjrun_nsapi.so

libjrun_nsapi.so:       ELF 64-bit MSB dynamic lib SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

I found out that when I use CF8, the installer asks for 64-bit configuration during install,

AND the initial startup makes the 64-bit connector.

In CF9...no such menu item; it doesn't mention 32/64 bit anything.

How do you force CF9 to produce a 64-bit libjrun_nsapi.so file?

??????

This creates the 32-bit file...

cf_root/runtime/bin/wsconfig -server coldfusion -ws sunone -dir /sun/webserver7/<config-name>/config -coldfusion -v

When I add -ws64 it breaks the script....

cf_root/runtime/bin/wsconfig -server coldfusion -ws64 sunone -dir /sun/webserver7/<config-name>/config -coldfusion -v

??????

FYI:  I grabbed the libjrun_nsapi.so file from my CF8 ENT install, and used it in my CF9 ENT install.

No errors from the web server, but it's running dirt-slow now.

Could be the file because the libjrun_nsapi.so was created to connect with CF8, not CF9 !?

??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation