• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search not working in RoboHelp 9.0

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been stuck with a very difficult problem. I had X5 in my local machine which was uninstalled to make way for RoboHelp 8.0. Later since my machine crashed, both RoboHelp 8 and 9 were installed. As a result of this there was a lot of conflict. So almost hurriedly, RoboHelp 8.0 was removed and RoboHelp 9 was retained back.

Now the problem is the WebHelps that are being generated has a problem with the Search functionality.On clicking the Search tab, the message that is being displayed is Error: Failed to initialise database. Please refer to the screen shot below for the incident.

screen shot.jpg

I have lready tried deleting the .cpd file, then deleting the WebHelp and recompiling once again. But even that has failed to solve the problem. Moreover I have created a demo project from the scratch. Even that is throwing similar problems.

Now my question is is there any means to tackle this? If not can I get RevoUninstaller in my local machine and then get RoboHelp 9 unistalled. Thereafter if I install RoboHelp 8.0, will that pose any anomalies?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you can't take a project that has been upgraded to RH9 and go back with it to RH8. You'd have to start with an RH8 version or pre-RH8 version.

Second, where are you looking at this WebHelp from? Is it on your local drive in the project's \!SSL!\ folder? What browser are you using? All this has an impact on how it will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I would be inclined to use RevoUninstaller and remove any version of RoboHelp that is installed and then install 9.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp