• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to previous versions if I buy the last version ?

Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to buy Robohelp 5 to import a project (realised by Robohelp 5), but it is not available anymore on the Adobe website. So my questions are : Can I buy Robohelp 5 ? And if I can't, will it possible to download Robohelp 5 if I buying Robohelp 9 ?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan FONTAINE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download old versions - maybe if you're a volume licensing client

get RH5 if download RH9 - no

Not quite sure what you mean when you say "I need to buy RH 5 to import a project"? If you already have a project created in RH5, then it will be upgraded automatically when it's opened in RH9 (just make sure that you have a backup copy of the RH5 project before upgrading it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank for your answer.

Not quite sure what you mean when you say "I need to buy RH 5 to import a project"?

When I open my RH5 project, I obtain several errors ; and after the import, several links don't work ! So I would use the RH5 version.

I'm not a volume licensing client, so it's impossible for me to use RH5 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have RH installed? How are you opening the project if you don't have it? Are you referring to the generated help output (.chm or .htm files)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Jeff's questions, please describe the error messages you are getting.

Can you open X5 if you don't select a project? In other words does opening X5 give errors itself or is it only when you open a project?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have RH installed?

I have a RH5 trial version, and a RH9 trial version.

Are you referring to the generated help output (.chm or .htm files)?

I see that several links are broken in my CHM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial versions last 30 days and there have been four new versions since then so it is hardly surprising that is not working.

If you have a project that was created when the trial was working, you can open it in the trial of RoboHelp 9 for 30 days after you install the trial. After that, you have to pay up.

If you have both on your machine and continue to get errors with 9, I recommend you uninstall both and just reinstall 9.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying an another time, I see that I don't obtain any error, except this (but it's not an "error") :

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1461/80440148.png

I've run the update, and it works fine. But I've a problem :

In RH9, after the import of my RH5 project, all the "See also links" are broken, whereas it worked fine before, in RH5...

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2248/46548790.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the links within the topic in the project - are they ok? Do they show up as broken links in the project? If you re-browse them, are they fixed when you generate again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing say to me that this link is broken. When I'm clicking on "Voir aussi" into the project, I see that the link is "javascript:RelatedTopic0.Click()" :

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2735/48496051.png

I don't want to correct all the links one by one (if there're dead)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately I don't speak any language other than English. But in looking at the screen capture, it would seem that you are possibly using JavaScript to "Click()" the iten named RelatedTopic0.

(Edit: This post was made before seeing the screen capture depicting exactly what I was describing.)

You may need to double check the code for this object to ensure its name wasn't changed somewhere along the way.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I can't check all the links, and maybe modify them...

How it's possible that when I import my project in RH5, links work great, and when I import my project in RH9 (doing the update), they don't work ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems can occur when upgrading projects from old versions to newer ones - that's why you should always keep a backup copy of the old project to fall back to. FYI - you're not importing your RH5 project, you're upgrading it.

I would make sure that your trial version of RH9 is fully patched (see Help > Updates to do it - it should be at 9.0.2.271) & try upgrading another copy of the RH5 project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my RH9 (now I have the 9.0.2.271 version) and same problem : my "See also links" doesn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

From what I see here the links aren't working because the code cannot find the referenced item. Can you share one topic? Just display the HTML, copy all the content and paste into a reply here. Then we can reverse it and investigate on our end.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<LINK rel="StyleSheet" href="..\..\..\Gestimum.css">

<TITLE>Création société</TITLE>

<META NAME="MS-HAID" CONTENT="Société">

<META NAME="generator" CONTENT="RoboHelp by eHelp Corporation www.ehelp.com">

<meta name="copyright" value="@COPYRIGHT EBP-Informatique"><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TITLE="BSSC Special Effects" SRC="..\..\..\ehlpdhtm.js"></SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<H1><FONT style="font-size:12pt; color:blue; " > Création société</FONT></H1>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"> </P>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >Pour créer une nouvelle société, il faut tout d'abord fermer la société en cours (menu Fichier) puis lancer la commande Nouvelle société (ou </FONT><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; font-weight:bold; " >CTRL + N</FONT><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >) qui est alors active. </FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >La création d'une nouvelle société s'effectue à l'aide d'un assistant qui détaille les étapes une à une. Les boutons Suivant et Précédent permettent de passer d'une étape à l'autre.</FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >La création d'une société passe obligatoirement par la saisie ou la sélection des informations suivantes : nom  société et Pilote d</FONT><FONT style="font-family:'Times New Roman'; font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >’</FONT><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >accès, serveur SQL, raison sociale de la société, pays de la société, période de l'exercice comptable, type de comptabilité, tables de références à créer.</FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " >Après validation de l'assistant, le logiciel propose automatiquement de définir </FONT><A href="..\Préférences_de_la_société\Param_tres_Soci_t_.htm"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >les paramètres de fonctionnement</FONT></A><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > du logiciel.</FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; font-weight:bold; " >Important !!</FONT><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > toutes les fenêtres du logiciel devront être fermées pour modifier ces paramètres.</FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:24.00pt;text-indent:-17.50pt;"><FONT style="font-family:'Wingdings'; font-size:10pt; color:green; " >§<span style="font-size:8pt; font-family='Times New Roman';">   </span></FONT><A href="Nom_et_utilisateur_de_la_nouvelle_soci_t_.htm"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >Nom et utilisateur de la nouvelle société</FONT></A><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > </FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:24.00pt;text-indent:-17.50pt;"><FONT style="font-family:'Wingdings'; font-size:10pt; color:green; " >§<span style="font-size:8pt; font-family='Times New Roman';">   </span></FONT><A href="Choix_de_la_base_de_donn_es.htm"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >Choix de la base</FONT></A><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > </FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:24.00pt;text-indent:-17.50pt;"><FONT style="font-family:'Wingdings'; font-size:10pt; color:green; " >§<span style="font-size:8pt; font-family='Times New Roman';">   </span></FONT><A href="Information_soci_t_.htm"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >Informations société</FONT></A><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > </FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:24.00pt;text-indent:-17.50pt;"><FONT style="font-family:'Wingdings'; font-size:10pt; color:green; " >§<span style="font-size:8pt; font-family='Times New Roman';">   </span></FONT><A href="Informations_comptables.htm"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >Informations comptables</FONT></A><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > </FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:24.00pt;text-indent:-17.50pt;"><FONT style="font-family:'Wingdings'; font-size:10pt; color:green; " >§<span style="font-size:8pt; font-family='Times New Roman';">   </span></FONT><A href="Cr_ation_des_fichiers.htm"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >Création des fichiers</FONT></A><FONT style="font-size:10pt; color:#010100; " > </FONT></P>

<P style="margin-left:6.00pt;"><A href="javascript:RelatedTopic0.Click()" class="popuplk"><FONT style="font-size:10pt; " >Voir aussi</FONT></A></P><OBJECT classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11" type="application/x-oleobject"  id="RelatedTopic0" width=1 height=1>

<PARAM name="command"  value="ALink">

<PARAM name="item1" value="">

<PARAM name="item2" value="Société"></OBJECT>

</BODY>

</HTML>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

That one is a stumper to be sure. I copied the code and pasted into my own RoboHelp and while the link doesn't work for obvious reasons (the related content isn't present) it doesn't produce the same error about things being undefined.

On the outside chance you haven't done this, have you tried simply recompiling your CHM in version 9?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, I've tried, but it still doesn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick or Jeff might be able to advise, but perhaps try running the "Update DHTML effects in topics" option in the Tools menu might help?

Or perhaps the character set needs to be defined? Just thinking that maybe with the change to xhtml, the language definition might need additional information. I also only have RH7 at the moment, so couldn't say if it's needed for RH9 (or if it is 100% accurate for RH9), but I know for some of our X5 projects, we had to have several goes before they converted correctly. Some pieces of information were left out on upgrade the first several times, for unknown reasons.

---RH7 character set example---

<html><head>

<meta http-equiv=content-type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

I don't know if either of these are relevent but thought they might be worth a try.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

thank everybody for your help, but I have gave up RH9 for an another tool, because I have too many problems with RH9...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp