3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 10:56 AM by KelThan

Checkboxes (Wingdings) to multiple words (Arial) in same sentence using styles.

KelThan Level 1

Many of my projects involve  forms that require me to scan pages using OCR to capture the text and redesigning the form (new tables, new checkboxes...etc.).  How can I apply a style to a group of words in the same sentence and apply a checkbox to each word followed by a capital lettered word.  The checkbox font is Wingdings and the text is usually Arial.  I typically use an "en space" to separate the checkbox from the text and then an "em space" to separate the following checkbox for the next word.  For example:

I would like to be able to just highlight text such as:

and apply a style or some type of find/replace action that results in (see image below)

Note that:

the first checkbox has no space prior to it

the subsequent checkboxes have an "em" space prior to them with an "en" space after

the text is capitalized

I know how to apply paragraph styles to accomplish this with one term within a cell of a table.  Is there anyway to accomplish this just by highlighting the terms?

Any suggestions to make this process easier and efficient would be a tremendous help!  I('m using InDesign 5.5 (PC) with Win7.

Thank you in advance!!!