Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot uninstall Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am hoping someone out there can help.  I have been having a hard time uninstalling Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X from a large group of Windows XP SP3 PC's.  I run the latest Adobe Flash Uninstaller via a script and when I go into Add/Remove Program, I still see Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X listed there.  (I have hopefully attached a picture)add remove Flash.JPG

As you can, hopefully, see, it looks a little funny as the "Click here for more support info is missing."  What's more is when I go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ to test the Flash install using Internet Explorer 8, I get prompted to install Adobe Flash.  (Hopefully the second picture shows up)

website flash message.JPG

I have tried running my script written as this:

"<network location>\uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe" -uninstall -force and that does not work.

I also tried running a Powershell script and that does not work.

I did a search on the PC for flash.ocx and swflash.ocx and tried the regsrv32 -u trick and that does not work. 

As a last resort, I even tried running the Remove from one PC in Add/ remove programs to just see and I get this error:

error.JPG

I even click Browse and point this to the loation that has a copy of this file and I then get this error:

erro2.JPG

The only solution that really works is when I use Microsft's Installer Cleanup Utility and then run the Adobe Flash uninstaller again.

This is fine and dandy except I have MANY PC's that this has happened to and I would really like a foolproof way to completely remove Adobe Flash Player.  This needs to happen because I cannot successful install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player until this corrupted version gets removed.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks.

matt

PS - Nice job updating the forums Adobe. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this is happening; the only thing I can think of that you may not be using the latest uninstaller?

Download: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file (from C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash) from one of the failed uninstalls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I made some sort of progress, but need to figure out a better solution. 

I found that when I deleted the registry key HKCR\Installer\Products\{03797D32A1CEE534388FAABEEF25730B} the Control Panel icon disapeared and I was able to run my Adobe Flash Player Install script successfully. 

The problem now is that the script command I wrote did not work and I had to manually delete the key.

This is what I tried:

REG DELETE "HKCR\Installer\Products\{03797D32A1CEE534388FAABEEF25730B}" /f 

Once I manually deleted that key, I was able to reinstall Flash.  Unfortunately, i no longer have a test machine to try solutions on so I will need to find another broken Flash install

and figure out how to get my script to delete the key listed above. 

To answer your questions - I am using the latest uninstaller and when I find another broke Flash install, I will post the FlashInstall.log. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll forward this to our installer team, but as pat mentioned we'll need a FlashInstall.log from one of the affected systems.

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possible Solution:

I fixed the syntax of the script to read:

REG DELETE HKCR\Installer\Products\03797D32A1CEE534388FAABEEF25730B /f

I ran the script on a broke PC and it worked.  I need to test another using full script which uninstalls and then reinstalls. 

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines