Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFP 11.2.202.228 Blocks Broadcasts

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of AFP (11.2.202.228) yesterday and since then my webcam has failed to operate properly in broadcast mode (fine in msn, but not online sites).

I have done the following:

Checked DirectX, uploaded latest drivers for webcam, updated the OS and checked firewall and permissions.

This failed,so I reinstalled to whole XP OS SP2 and all updates (3+ hours to do). To check that the NIS (Norton) is not blocking the cam, I did not install NIS and switched off the fiewall. Guess what - still did not work.

An older machine also running XP (similar age kit - same XP, NIS, cam, Firefox software), but with previous AFP runs OK!

Has anyone have any idea what to do? Is this version rolled out by Adobe incorrectly tested/faulty?

Anywhere I can download the previous version of AFP? The download links only refer to the latest version...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

I'm aware of your bug from another thread, but I wanted to let you know that you can get previous versions of the player here:

Where do I find previous versions of Flash Player?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the information. I solved the whole problem with AFP by running version 10.2. It is clear that AFP 11.2 has a bug and sent a bug report. But I have received an email from the Adobe team that they can not replicate the issue. A bit strange, as the forum has several people with similar issues. Is the forum linked to the AFP code writers? Seems like they are two independent worlds

Many Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you'd like to stay on 10.x, I'd like to recommend you at least update to the latest 10.3 release so that you have the latest security updates included.

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines