• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation program of adobe flash player on windows 7 - General Installation Error

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install flash player on a machine (running on windows 7 - 64 bits)

This is the error message that I get when progress bar reaches 50%: General Installation Error

Machine Details :

Tried installing the 64 bit version of flash player" install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.exe"  - Same problem

Tried uninstalling (based on this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846) - Can't run uninstaller, not able to start the uninstaller software (It gives a blank error message pop window).

Tried running the exe file as "Run as admin" - Still same problem

Based on this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4241994

I deleted flash folder from both locations:

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\ (DELETED "Flash" folder)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ Macromed\Flash\ (DELETED "Flash" folder)

Still same problem

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your flashinstall.log file?

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right now i don't have access to the pc...but for now can you suggest any solution ? things that i can try ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you've done a clean install, though I'm posting a link just in case you missed anything.  I'm hoping the installer log sheds some light on what is failing.  You might also want to try to create a new, temporary, admin account and try installing from there.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank but like i mentioned above, i can't even run the uninstaller...Can't run uninstaller, not able to start the uninstaller software (It gives a blank error message pop window). the only way to close the pop up is alt+F4...

what do you think ? have you encountered this kinda question / problem before ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: The strange thing here (in this case) is that...there is only primary user (i have checked in control panel)- the user is the administrator..

but the odd thing is that ,, there is a f drive and when i try to save anything in D drive (which is like partitioned to seperate data from C drive), it says you don't have permission - if you wanna save, save it in your folder user/username (in my documents).

So I am assuming, this problem is related to security / admin priviledges but when i tried installing (along with other stuff), i was logged into the pc with the primary user who is the admin (there is no other user / account on the pc)

does this information help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you run the uninstaller (or attempt to run the uninstaller), is there a FlashInstall.log file in either C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and/or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

If so, can you list the contents of these files?

Also, are there any other files in these folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having basically the same issue.  Installed Windows 7 recently, tried to install Adobe Flash Player (both 32 and 64), and it would get to about 49% then installation error.  Tried multiple times and ways but nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok So i created a new user account (as an administrator), but still getting the same problem.

So right now the primary account and the new account i just created, both are administrators but still have the same problems while installing flash.

I did the clean install of flash by following the following tutorial : How do I do a clean install of Flash

BUT still have the same problem and the installation stops at 50% and gives me "General Installation Error"

Here is the FlashInstall.log

------------------------

=O====== M/11.2.202.228 2012-04-09+00-25-49.607 ========

0000 00001004 broker

=X====== M/11.2.202.228 2012-04-09+00-25-49.654 ========

=O====== M/11.2.202.228 2012-04-09+00-27-34.322 ========

0000 00001004 broker

=X====== M/11.2.202.228 2012-04-09+00-27-34.428 ========

=O====== M/11.2.202.228 2012-04-09+00-37-09.189 ========

0000 00001004 broker

=X====== M/11.2.202.228 2012-04-09+00-37-09.220 ========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, could you try running though the steps outlined in this FAQ and then try installing Flash Player again?

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

helloflash123 wrote:

0000 00001004 broker

I have definitely never seen this fatal error message; I hope someone from the installer team gets to have a look at it.

Meanwhile, one last suggestion: can you try to run the MSI installers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines