7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2012 8:47 AM by @#$%ing Screenname RSS

Build Errors -- surprise surprise.

@#$%ing Screenname

I made some simple Blu-rays with no problem, but now I've build menus and suplimentary content the bluray won't build.

Encore crashes at the following error:

"importing_DBsf_session_1_audio.ac3..."

I don;t know what this is, or how to fix it, or even how to report it.

Please reply.

--@#$%ing Screenname

And WTF can't my screen name be my user name?

CS5 Win 7

• 1. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.
          Stan Jones MVP

That is not, strictly speaking an error message, just a statement of the step the build is on. No matter, it doesn't tell you much (since that step may have finished or not; the problem may be audio related or not).

I'd try this first:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2934387#2934387

• 2. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.
            @#$%ing Screenname Community Member

I went to the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder and deleted everything, then tried a build again.

This time I compiled more material (including the main feature) and then go the following:

importing_sessions_file_AEsf_session_2_audio.ac3

And it crashed.

Any ideas?

--@#$%ing Screenname

• 3. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.

To continue the previous reply, I deleted the contents of the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions seven more times and each time the crash occurred later in the proceedings, always trying to load

importing_sessions_file_AEsf_session_2_audio.ac3 , then session_3_, then 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.  There are only Seven audio tracks (4 menus, the feature, the slideshow, and silence).

I deleted the last audio track added, thinking perhaps this was corrupting something.  I got through the audio compile and crashed on the next video element.

All files are m2v or wav and all exported from Premiere Pro cs5.

---@#$%ing Screenname

• 4. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.
                Stan Jones MVP

What do you mean by "silence," and did you delete that?

The changing element regarding what is wrong is odd. I would create a new project, and include only the basic elements first. Encore does not recover well from corrupted projects.

What do you mean by crash? Is there an Encore error log?

• 5. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.

There is no error log that I can find.

“Silence” is a file that appears in a folder for menu that has no sound.  This is apparently something Encore creates (I’ve never created it) – it appears to be a placeholder .ac3 file, and its part of the assets for the build.

The only files I deleted were in the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder – not the folder itself.  Each crash seems to have left behind a AuthorScriptHDMVSessions.tmp folder (numbered up to 9), which are all empty and which I did not delete.

By “crash” I mean the program shuts down and I get the windows report: “an error has occurred and windows has shut down the program” (or whatever that report is).

Incidentally, after the ninth crash I started Encore, opened the project, and switched to DVD, and burned a perfect disc image with no problems.

Where would I find an error log?  Is it generated by foul language?

--@#$%ing Screenname

• 6. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.
                    Stan Jones MVP

Where would I find an error log?  Is it generated by foul language?

Heh, heh. Yep, that will do it!

Search in the adobe program files for *.log, but I don't know if Encore saves logs like that.

I have also looked at the Windows event logs, but have not found them helpful in encore issues.

I would try the new project route to see if general BD functionality is okay.

• 7. Re: Build Errors -- surprise surprise.

So I rebuilt my project from scratch, which took about 2-4 hours.  It compiled without a hiccup, and I built a DVD and Blu-ray image from the same project (into different directories, obviously).

The DVD works great.

The Blu-ray stalls at the “first play” menu – i.e. the copyright notice.  I thought it might be a disc problem so I tested it in my PS3 and my PC Blu-ray and still no action.  Then I tested the ISO on a virtual drive and got exactly the same result.

I went back to my blu-ray directory, deleted everything, opened the project in Encore and checked that it was working fine (it was), then burned another disc image.  This time I just tested the ISO on a virtual drive (no point in making another coaster), and it froze on the first play screen again!

Any ideas?

--@#$%ing Screenname